Verizon provides an excellent service that allows you to text anyone in your contacts and sync all conversations across all devices.
I used the service on my computer because I didn’t want to be distracted by all of the other notifications on my phone and instead focus on any messages from work.
You can also configure this for any of your devices, whether an iPhone, an Android, or a PC. To assist you in setting it up, I visited Verizon’s support pages to learn how Verizon Message Plus backup works on other platforms.
I also went to some user forums to get more personal feedback on how people configured it for their systems. This guide is the result of that research and is intended to assist you in installing Message+ on the device of your choice.
Install the app and follow the instructions to set up Message+ on your phone. You’ll need a Verizon Cloud account for Android and an iCloud account for iOS to backup your messages.
VERIZON MESSAGE PLUS BACKUP
Verizon is one of the best mobile service providers available. It serves the consumers well because there are not only a plethora of additional features, but you also get to enjoy the best coverage available, which is difficult to beat.
Despite the fact that Verizon has one of the strongest networks available, with the best coverage and network stability, you can also take advantage of some extremely affordable packages and terrif that add to the value of your overall user experience.
Aside from all of these cool features, there are some applications that will make your life much easier and add the right value to your mobile experience. Verizon offers a plethora of applications, including the account management application, the calling application, and even the Messages+ application.
VERIZON MESSAGES PLUS
Verizon Messages+ is the application that syncs it with your Verizon account. The application not only allows you to send messages over the internet to all available mobile numbers, but it also provides you with additional features that you can use to organize, manage, and receive all text messages.
HOW TO SET UP MESSAGE+ ON IPHONE?
Before you begin using Message+, you must first ensure that your iPhone is supported, which is a simple process.
Open the App Store and search for ‘Verizon Message+‘ in the Search field. If the app appears in the search results, your phone is compatible and ready to use!
Alternative Video: How To Use Verizon Message App?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Top 6 Cell Phone Companies That Uses Verizon Towers See More
- How To Fix The Yellow Light On Verizon Router? (3 Easy Ways)
- Click Here: What Is The Difference Between Verizon Store Vs. Verizon Authorized Retailer?
To set up Message+:
- When you find the app in the search results, install it.
- If prompted, launch the app and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select the Start Messaging option.
- If you want, you can give the device a nickname.
- Fill in your Verizon phone number.
- Choose Send Code.
- Enter the text-message-received code into the app.
You are now ready to use Message+ on your iPhone after the app successfully validates the code. Follow the same steps to install the app on your iPad, but first activate Message+ on your phone before doing so on your iPad.
- Instead of receiving an SMS, you must scan a QR code with your iPad, which will be sent to the phone with which you first registered Message+.
- Allow the app access to the camera so that it can scan the QR code and get it scanned.
- After it has been validated, you can begin using Message+ on your iPad.
HOW TO SET UP MESSAGE+ ON ANDROID?
Verizon’s Message+ comes preinstalled if you get a phone on contract or buy a phone directly from Verizon, but if your phone on the Verizon network doesn’t have the app installed, you can easily install it.
- Open the Google Play Store on your phone and search for ‘Verizon Messages.’
- Find the app in the search results and install it; on some devices, the install button may be labeled Enable, indicating that the app was installed but was left disable
- Enable the app to allow it to update to the most recent version, which is now ready for use.
To set up Message+ on Android:
- Start the app.
- If prompted, accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select the Start Messaging option.
- Enter a phone nickname here.
- Fill in your Verizon phone number.
- Select Send Code.
- You will receive a message containing a security code that you must enter into the app.
- Do so, and then wait for the app to validate it.
Your Android smartphone has now been successfully installed with the Message+ app. If you want to install Message+ on an Android tablet, you must first install it on your phone.
Then, on your tablet, install the Message+ app, and repeat the process on your phone. Instead of receiving an SMS, you will need to scan a QR code to activate your account, so grant the app access to your camera. Scan the QR code, and once validated, you can begin using Message+ on your tablet.
HOW TO BACK UP MESSAGES USING MESSAGE PLUS?
There are numerous distinctions between Verizon Message and Message+; let’s take a look at what makes the Message+ app so unique.
- A Verizon Cloud subscription for Android users is required to backup your messages on Message+.
- Signing up for Verizon Cloud is simple; all you need is a Verizon mobile or Fios account.
- After you’ve configured the Cloud service on your device, you can start backing up your messages to it.
To back up your messages on Message+:
- Open the Message+ app
- Expand the menu on the right side of the screen
- Go to the backup section to start the backup.
- After the backup completes, the backed-up messages will get uploaded to your Verizon Cloud.
Apple users can backup their messages through iCloud.
To backup your messages with iCloud:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud.
- Turn on Messages.
All messages from this point will get backed up to iCloud.
HOW TO MANAGE MESSAGES ON MESSAGE+ AFTER BACKING THEM UP?
After you back up your messages, you can delete your messages if you want.
To delete individual messages on your Message+ chats:
- Open the conversation that you want to delete the messages for.
- Tap and hold the messages that you want to delete.
- Choose Delete Messages.
You can choose to delete all messages in that conversation as well. You can also delete multiple conversations to do this:
- Select the Delete icon from the top-right of the screen.
- Press and hold the conversation you want to delete. You can also select multiple conversations at this point.
- Choose Delete Conversation and confirm the delete.
HOW TO RESTORE MESSAGES ON IPHONE?
Restoring messages on your iPhone needs you to have iCloud for Messages enabled and already backed up. Unfortunately, you will have to factory reset your iPhone to restore your messages.
Factory Reset your iPhone
Before you restore backed-up messages to your iPhone, you first have to make sure iCloud for Messages is turned on. After making sure it has been turned on, you can proceed with the factory reset.
To factory reset your iPhone:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to General > Reset.
- Select “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- Select Erase Now from the prompt.
- Your phone will take a few minutes to completely factory reset.
- After it finishes, you will be taken to the iPhone’s welcome screen.
Restore the messages
After you reach the initial welcome screen, follow these steps:
- Select Apps & Data > Restore from iCloud backup.
- Log in to your iCloud account.
- Choose the latest backup and start the restore process.
When the restore finishes, check your messages app to see if the deleted messages have come back.
HOW TO RESTORE MESSAGES ON ANDROID?
You can restore your recent backup to your new phone or have it copied to another phone. Log in to your Verizon account on the other phone using the Verizon Cloud app.
To get the messages back:
- In the Message+ app, go to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Tools > Content Restore menu.
- Choose Messages, then Restore.
- Choose between WiFi and mobile data.
- Set the time range from which you want the messages to be restored.
- For the time being, let Verizon Cloud serve as the messaging app.
- Choose Restore > Cloud and then Set as Default.
- Select Restore.
After the restoration process completes, you can view the messages that you had deleted earlier.
HOW TO USE MESSAGE+ ON A COMPUTER?
You can use Message+ on a PC, but you must first download the desktop app. To install Message+ on your computer, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Verizon Message+’s website.
- Choose ‘Download the desktop app.’ ‘
- Choose Web Client > Install.
- If necessary, check for updates and install the app.
- Accept if prompted, and then select Open.
- Choose Get Started.
- To obtain the Security Code, enter your Verizon phone number.
- Enter the code and press the Done button.
- If you are prompted to finish installing the app on your PC, click Done.
The app on your PC will sync with Message+ on your phones automatically.
You do not need to download the app to read Verizon messages online if you are using a PC. You can use the Text Online tool, which you can access by logging into your Verizon account. If you have any problems setting up your Verizon Message+ account, please contact Verizon support.
If you find that the Verizon temporary background processing notification is slowing down your Verizon Message+ App, you can disable it. If you need more hands-on assistance, you can also visit a Verizon store or an Authorized Retailer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Verizon cloud backup all text messages?
When you first connect your mobile device to Verizon Cloud, all texts from the previous 90 days will be synced to the cloud. Following that, any new texts sent or received on your device will be synced to the cloud as well.
How do I regain access to my messages on message plus?
Select the Menu option. Select Settings. Select Account. Restore Messages should be selected.
What is the difference between Verizon Message+ and Messages Plus?
The name implies that it has some new features that were not previously available. Verizon Messages Plus is a text messaging app that allows you to sync your messages across compatible devices. So, if you have a tablet, an Android phone, or even a PC, you can use this app to sync all of your messages.