One of the most important aspects of being able to control your Vizio TV with ease is having a working remote control. There may be serious consequences if this tool stops working. So, what should you do if your Vizio TV remote not working properly?
Replace the batteries, remove any obstructions that may be blocking the TV, power cycle the remote, unjam any stuck buttons, sync the remote to the power bar, or power cycle the TV if your Vizio TV remote is not working, is unresponsive, or will not control the volume.
Because we live in the twenty-first century, TV owners can control their televisions from the comfort of their favorite couch or chair. Gone are the days when you had to get up to change the channel or adjust the volume because Vizio TV owners can now do it all with their remote control.
If you own a Vizio TV and suddenly notice that the remote is no longer working, is unresponsive, or is unable to control the volume, see the solution below.
WHAT CAUSES VIZIO REMOTE NOT WORKING?
Our expert team was able to identify the following causes of “Vizio Remote not Working” after careful analysis of user reports.
- Power Drain Batteries: If the remote’s batteries are completely depleted, you will be unable to use it.
- Blocked TV Sensor: This error can occur if the IR ray cannot reach the TV due to a blockage between the remote and the TV sensor.
- Electronic Interference: If other devices in the vicinity emit radiation that interferes with the IR ray of the remote, you may experience the current error.
- Dirty Power Source: If the TV’s power source is delivering dirty power to the system, you may experience the current issue.
- Power Residues in the TV and Remote: If there are power residues in the remote or TV that can interfere with their ability to send or translate the IR ray, you may be experiencing the current problem.
- Stuck Remote Memory: If the memory of the remote has become stuck to a specific point or device, you may encounter issues similar to the current one.
- Faulty TV: If your television has become faulty, you may be affected by the error.
Before proceeding with the solutions, we must first determine whether the remote emits infrared radiation (if you are using IR remote). A simple camera test can accomplish this. A digital camera or a camera on a mobile phone can be used.
- Turn on the camera and then look at the remote control unit through the camera’s screen.
- Point the remote control’s end (the end that is normally pointing to the TV) towards the camera.
- When you press and hold any button on the remote, you should see a light flashing from the IR LED at the end of the remote on the screen of your camera.
- Check the remote’s buttons, especially the Power and Volume buttons, to see if they work.
- If all of the buttons are inoperable, the remote may be defective (trying the last solution might solve the problem or otherwise take it to repair shop or buy a new one).
1. VIZIO TV REMOTE WILL NOT WORK
When it comes to remote control issues for Vizio TV, users frequently encounter very specific issues. If, on the other hand, you have recently discovered that your remote control is no longer working, you may be looking for a more general solution rather than a solution that is so specific.
If this is the case for you, continue reading to learn what to do if your remote suddenly stops working. If your Vizio TV remote is not working, you should first check the batteries.
This may appear to be an obvious solution, but many times the batteries are either dead or of poor quality. To ensure optimal operation, replace the remote’s batteries with high-quality batteries.
Alternative Video: How To Fix Vizio Remote Not Working?
- How to Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Firestick? (9 Methods)
- YouTube TV Freezing: How To Fix In Seconds? Read More
- YouTube Is Not Working on Roku (7 Easy Fixes To Try)
2. VIZIO TV REMOTE NOT RESPONSIVE
If you’ve recently replaced the batteries in your Vizio remote control and know that power isn’t the problem, you might be wondering why your remote isn’t responding. When a remote is not responsive, Vizio owners may be able to turn on their TVs, but they will have no control other than this function.
If you notice that your remote control is only performing a few functions but is otherwise unresponsive, continue reading for a solution.
If your Vizio TV remote is not responding, one of the most common solutions is to check for any obstructions to the TV. Most Vizio TVs have a remote sensor in the bottom right corner that, if obstructed, will disable the remote’s function. Remove any items and then check to see if your remote works.
3. VIZIO TV REMOTE NOT WORKING PROPERLY
It’s possible that your Vizio remote control isn’t working at all, isn’t responsive, or isn’t working as well as it used to. Regardless, if you discover a problem with your remote, there is undoubtedly a need for a solution.
If your remote isn’t working properly and you’ve tried replacing the batteries and removing any obstructing objects in front of the TV, try the solution below.
If your Vizio TV remote is not working properly, it may be necessary to power cycle it. Remove the batteries from the remote and press each button on the remote once. Replace the batteries in the remote and test it to see if it works properly again.
4. VIZIO TV REMOTE WON’T CONTROL VOLUME
When it comes to your overall experience with a Vizio TV, the picture is obviously important, but so is the volume.
Controlling the volume on the TV allows you to better control your environment when music is all you need, action movies are playing, or you want to keep things quieter while others are present in the room. What should you do if your Vizio TV remote no longer controls the volume?
If your Vizio TV remote isn’t controlling the volume, it could be due to a clogged volume button. To check if the buttons are jammed, simply press them quickly and slowly until you notice that they are becoming easier to press. This should restore volume control.
5. VIZIO TV REMOTE NOT CONTROLLING SOUND BAR
Most Vizio TVs include built-in speakers that can be used to listen to music while watching TV. Some buyers, on the other hand, prefer the fuller sound effect that sound bars can provide, which TV speakers cannot.
If you have a sound bar, you might expect your remote to be able to control the volume on that device as well; however, some owners have reported remote failures in this area.
If your Vizio TV remote isn’t controlling the sound bar, it’s possible that it’s not properly synced. To sync your Vizio remote control to the sound bar, hold down the ‘Input’ button for 3 seconds. Then, on your Bluetooth device, locate and select the soundbar to pair.
6. VIZIO TV REMOTE SENSOR NOT WORKING
As previously stated, every Vizio TV will have a sensor (usually in the bottom right-hand corner) that will detect your remote control and allow you to control the TV using this device.
Replace the batteries, remove any obstructions from the TV, or power cycle the remote if your Vizio TV remote sensor is not working. If this does not restore the sensor’s functionality, try the solution below to get things back in working order.
If your Vizio TV remote sensor isn’t working, restarting your TV may help. Unplug the TV directly from the power outlet to perform a power cycle. Then, for a few seconds, press and hold the power button on the TV itself, wait one minute, and plug the TV back into the wall.
Check to see if your remote has begun to work properly. If your remote is still not working, try another Vizio remote with the TV; if the other remote works properly, replace your remote.
Most VIZIO remotes are compatible with most VIZIO televisions. If the other remote isn’t working with the TV, it’s a good idea to have your TV checked out by a repair shop.
If the other remote is working properly, replace your Vizio Remote because it may have internal or external damage that is causing it to malfunction. You can use another Vizio remote or a universal remote to replace the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Vizio TV not responding to the remote?
A Vizio remote may stop working due to drained device batteries, clogged TV sensors, power residue on the remote and TV, a dirty power source, a stuck memory on the remote, or even problems with the TV itself.
Why is my TV not responding to my remote?
Low batteries are usually the cause of a remote control that does not respond or control your television. Make sure the remote is pointing at the TV. Other electronics, certain types of lighting, or something blocking the TV remote sensor could also be interfering with the signal.
How do I pair my VIZIO remote?
To begin, turn on the television manually. Hold down the TV or Device button on the remote for five seconds. At this point, the light will blink twice before becoming solid. If the light does not stay on, try again until it does.