You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for a review of Cricket’s unlimited Wi-Fi Hotspot plans.
Cricket Wireless is a registered MVNO acquired by AT&T as a subsidiary network. This occurred in 2014 as part of a merger with AIO Wireless.
Cricket Unlimited Wi-Fi Hotspot operates by leasing the coverage of the top four ISP networks to serve the public at a lower cost. They now serve up to 10 million subscribers, which has recently increased following the merger. These subscribers can now use the networks of the top four carriers, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile, at a lower cost.
Cricket Wireless offers two plans to use your phone as a hotspot: the Unlimited + 15GB Mobile Hotspot and the Unlimited plan. The former includes hotspot data, while the latter requires you to purchase a $10/month add-on for 10GB of hotspot data. Cricket also offers a $60/month unlimited plan that includes an allotment of mobile hotspot data. A $10/month add-on for mobile hotspot data on compatible phones is also added. Recently, Cricket increased the price of their largest available hotspot data plan to $90 per month.
Cricket has a strong 4G LTE presence in nearly all 50 states based on the four carriers above networks. This means that, as a potential subscriber, you will continue to enjoy the benefits of any subscriber on the top four networks once you join.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
Cricket wifi hotspots may not have a strong presence in all states, but their 3G and 4G networks make up for it. As a result, if you’re feeling down and want to save money on hotspot plans or phone calls, joining Cricket Network might be your best bet.
Video: Cricket Wireless Adds Mobile Hotspot Option to Unlimited
PLANS FOR UNLIMITED WI-FI HOTSPOTS ON CRICKET
Two gigabytes of high-speed data
By subscribing to this plan, you will receive 2GB of high-speed data, unlimited text, talk minutes, and messaging (videos and pictures) across the country. This plan does not include AutoPay or multiple-line discounts.
Stream More: You can now stream more videos with less data allocation. You can also enjoy high-quality DVDs (480p) without any additional coating. You can disable it at any time through your online account.
Is there an unlimited hotspot package available from Cricket?
You may utilize Mobile Hotspot with a compatible phone and either the Cricket Core plan (currently $55/month for unlimited data) or a grandfathered plan that has had the Mobile Hotspot capability enabled at an additional cost. The Cricket More plan, which costs $60 per month and is unlimited, has a certain amount of Mobile Hotspot bandwidth.
Advantages and Features
- Unlimited Talk & Text: Includes unlimited texts, Talk, and messages (video and picture) across the country.
- Optional Extras: Cricket Protect costs $7 per month and protects your phone from loss, destruction, or theft.
- 1GB extra data for $10 per month – Once your scheduled monthly high-speed data has been consumed, 1GB extra data can be added to your current active plan. There is no data rollover, which means that any remaining data is terminated when the cycle ends.
- Ten gigabytes of high-speed data
- You can get 10GB of high-speed data, call minutes, and messaging (both video and picture).
- Stream More – Includes a stream for watching more videos while using fewer cricket wireless hotspot data. Furthermore, an excellent DVD (about 480p) is available at no additional cost. Finally, you can turn off the service whenever you want.
- Save $5 per month with AutoPay: If you sign up for AutoPay, you will receive a $5 credit top-up. Unfortunately, this top-up is not available to multi-line customers.
Features and Advantages
Unlimited Text & Talk: This plan includes unlimited Talk, text, and picture messages nationwide.
Other features included are as follows:
- You will be able to enjoy 3-Way Calling.
- Voicemail is present.
- Call Forwarding Options
Cricket Protect costs $7 per month and protects your phone from loss, destruction, or theft.
1GB extra data for $10 per month – Once your scheduled monthly high-speed data has been consumed, 1GB extra data can be added to your current active plan. There is no data rollover, which means that any remaining data is terminated when the cycle ends.
Cricket International ($5-$15 per month for 5GB+ plans) – Call landline numbers in over 35 countries. Furthermore, 1000 minutes are available for calling mobile numbers in 31 countries and sending Unlimited messages (video and picture) in 35 countries.
Individual Country – $10-$15 per month – Strictly for 5GB+ plans
Basic Unlimited Plan
Includes the following:
- Data wi-fi hotspot rates of up to 3 Mbps are possible.
- Standard definition streaming at 1.5 Mbps (480p).
- Data transfer personal hotspot rates are unlimited. Call from anywhere in the United States, Mexico, or Canada. However, it is required for US residents to use a minimum of 50%.
- Unlimited Talk to people inside and outside the United States, Mexico, and Canada. However, residents of the United States. However, you must use it at least 50% of the time.
- Unlimited Messaging (Picture & Video) within and outside the United States, as well as across 37 countries
When the network is congested, there is a tendency for speed to decrease.
Mobile Hotspot: For $10 per month, get 10GB of high-speed mobile hotspots with a reduced speed of 128kbps after the trial period expires.
AutoPay saves you $5 per month.
If you sign up for any cricket plan via Auto Pay, you will receive $5. Discounted Multi-lines, on the other hand, are not eligible for this.
Advantages and Features
Unlimited Text & Talk: Get unlimited calls and messages (video and picture) across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. However, MMS transmission is not all-inclusive.
HBO Max Free Trial: A 30-day free trial of HBO Max is also available. More information can be found here. Alternatively, you can visit any Cricket retail location in your area.
Cricket Protect high-speed data costs $7 per month as an add-on. This extra add-on protects your phone from impending loss, damage, or theft.
Cricket Protect Plus costs $11 per month and includes Cricket Protect as well as MyPhotoVault and MyExpert app support.
$10 per month for an additional 1GB- This is only available on the 2GB and 5GB plans. Once you’ve used your monthly high-speed data turbo hotspot allowance, you can add an extra 1GB to your active plan. Because there is no data rollover, any remaining data expires at the end of the month.
$10 monthly Mobile Hotspot – Add an extra 15GB mobile hotspot for other devices. Some compatible phones support the Unlimited plans.
Cricket International costs $5-$15 per month (compatible with 5GB+ plans). Unlimited Calling to landline numbers in 35 countries is one of the add-ons. You’ll also get 1000 minutes of international call time to mobile numbers in 35 countries and messaging (picture and video).
Individual Country: $10-$15 per month (compatible with 5GB+ plans)
Unlimited 15GB Mobile Hotspot Plan and More
This plan includes the following features:
- 4G LTE Data (Unlimited) for use in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. If you live in the United States, you must use at least 50% of your available time.
- The 5G network is accessible to 5G-enabled devices.
- Unlimited Talk to people inside and outside the United States, Mexico, and Canada. If you live in the United States, you must use at least 50% of your available time.
- Unlimited Messaging (Picture & Video) Across the Country 1.5 Mbps (480p) Standard Definition Streaming 1.5 Mbps (480p) Across the Country Furthermore, network congestion can cause data speeds to slow.
Mobile Hotspot Included – You’ll get 15GB of 4G LTE mobile hotspot device that you can share with other connected devices.
5G Network: You can connect to a 5G fast network using 5 G-enabled devices (mobile phones, tablets, and computers). This is available on both Simply Data and Unlimited plans.
AutoPay saves you $5 per month – $5 will be credited to your account monthly if you sign up for any plan using AutoPay. (Except for Multi-line, which already has a discount.)
Advantages and Features
- Unlimited Text & Talk – Unlimited talk minutes, texts, and messages (picture and video) within and outside Mexico, the United States, and Canada. MMS (multimedia message service) is not included. The plan has been expanded to include 37 countries.
- HBO Max Trial is Free – You’ll have 30 calendar days to try HBO Max with this plan. For more information, visit any Cricket retail location or www.cricketwireless.com/hbo-max to learn more and possibly sign up.
- Cricket Protect costs $8 per month and protects your phone against damage, robbery, and destruction, among other things.
- Cricket Protect Plus unlimited data plan costs $11 per month and includes Cricket Protect, MyExpert app support, and MyPhotoVault app support.
- $10 per month for an additional 1GB of data (only for 2GB and 5GB plans) – You can add 1GB when your high-speed data plan expires. Nothing will be rolled over when the cycle concludes.
- $10 per month for Mobile Hotspot – Only for phones compatible with the Unlimited plans. An additional 15GB mobile hotspot can be added to your existing plan. Other devices are given the same speed allowance.
- Cricket International is available for $5-$15 per month (only on 5GB+ plans). – Calling international landline numbers in over 35 countries. Furthermore, you will have 1000 minutes to call international mobile numbers in 31 countries and send Unlimited video and picture messages in 35 countries.
- Individual Country for $10-$15/month (compatible with plans with 5GB or more)
Phone Payment Plan
They have a lease payment that they can use to buy up to five phones. However, it would help if you were endorsed to be eligible for Progressive Leasing.
The lease has several payment options, but an initial $49.99 must be paid to Progressive Leasing through Cricket. Furthermore, the phone you intend to purchase must be priced between $149.99 and $149.99 after any discounts are applied.
Network and data transfer rates
Cricket Wireless operates by utilizing AT&T’s nationwide mobility. The networks are wireless 4G LTE, GSM, and HSPA+. These plans are divided into three categories;
- Unlimited Plan: The data speed in this plan is limited to 3 Mbps.
- Unlimited Extra Plan: This plan has no cap.
- Every other plan: The plan includes a capped download speed of 8Mpbs. It also has a download speed of 4Mbps on any HSPA+ device. Furthermore, if you exceed your scheduled high-speed data, your data will be throttled to 128Kbps. This will last for the remainder of the monthly cycle.
Unlimited Wifi Hotspot Plans: Unlimited Data Devices For Mobile [ Must Buy!]
Cricket Unlimited Wi-Fi Hotspot plans can be used as an alternative network, particularly if you want to enjoy the benefits of being a member of the big four networks.
Almost all smartphones have hotspot capabilities. This means that the user is unconcerned about whether or not their phone is compatible. In addition, cricket networks have developed low-cost hotspot plans.
As a result, if that’s what you’re looking for, Cricket wireless may be the best option because you can customize your experience with various add-on features and data plans that meet your daily needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a Cricket unlimited hotspot plan?
Mobile Hotspot is available to new and existing Cricket customers on the $55 Cricket Core Plan and the grandfathered rate plans listed below: $50 for 5 GB, $50 for 8 GB, $60 for 12 GB, $55 for Unlimited, $60 for Advanced, $60 for Unlimited Max, $60 for Unlimited Extra, and $70 for Unlimited.
What is the monthly cost of a Cricket hotspot?
If you have an eligible phone but do not have the Mobile Hotspot feature, you will be directed to enter the following URL into your phone when attempting to tether it: www.cricketwireless.com/hotspot. You can pay $10 per month for the Mobile Hotspot feature.
Is it possible to get a hotspot with Cricket?
Cricket offers two plans to use your compatible phone as a hotspot: Unlimited + 15GB Mobile Hotspot and Unlimited. The former includes hotspot data, whereas the latter requires a $10/month add-on for 10GB of hotspot data.
How long will a 100GB hotspot last?
Mobile Data Capsules A 100GB data plan allows you to browse the internet for approximately 1200 hours, stream 20,000 songs, or watch 200 hours of standard-definition video.