Crackle is a popular platform for watching movies and TV shows for free. It has a library full of original content and programming acquired from a variety of production houses.
The service is only available in a few countries and on a limited number of connected devices. It is available for viewing on mobile phones, tablets, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and desktop browsers.
As a new user, you can sign up for an account and watch movies and TV shows for free. Once you’ve joined, you’ll need to download the Crackle app to your device. However, before you can use the platform, you must first activate Crackle.
IS CRACKLE REALLY FREE?
Crackle is completely free. The streaming platform is completely free in the United States and its territories. To get started, all you need to do is create an account. However, you will have to deal with a lot of advertisements because the platform relies on them to stay online.
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE?
Follow these steps to activate Crackle on a variety of devices such as Apple TV, Roku, PS4, Amazon’s Fire TV, and Vizio.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
Alternative Video: How To watch Crackle Anywhere
Here is a video on how to watch crackle anywhere
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE ON APPLE TV?
Regardless of the platform, you usually use the Crackle app. Here’s how to turn on Crackle on Apple TV:
Assuming you have connected the micro-console to a screen, you will navigate the app section using your Internet connection.
Another option is to use your browser and activate it on your computer.
- You must enter your verification code in the app section of the Crackle TV app.
- Enter the code on the screen that displays on your Apple TV and submit it.
- You will be asked to select a network provider. Carry it out.
- Then, either on your computer or by phone, you must log in to your account (preferably macOS or iOS).
- Your account should receive a message informing you that you have successfully logged in. If this occurs, return to your Crackle Apple TV.
- If your success has not been reflected, you can refresh your Apple TV by starting a complete restart of the TV.
- When it comes back on, you can now browse the Crackle channel and watch your free movies, with ads in between.
If you don’t already have an account, create one on Sony Crackle’s website before proceeding with the activation steps.
YOU MAY ALSO READ:
- Xfinity Remote Codes: Easy Complete Guide See More
- How to Cast YouTube Kids on Roku TV? Click Here
- How Fix YouTube Not Working On Samsung TV? [8 Easy Solutions]
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE ON ROKU?
Here are steps for activating Crackle on Roku:
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels.
- Find the Crackle app by searching for it or browsing the categories listed.
- Choose Add Channel.
- To complete the installation, click OK.
- Start the app.
- Choose Activate.
- Take note of the activation code.
- Using your phone or computer, go to crackle.com/activate.
- Fill in the activation code.
Once activated, you will be able to watch movies and TV shows online.
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE ON PS4?
Here are steps for activating Crackle on PS4:
- Start your PS4 and navigate to the home screen.
- Navigate to PlayStation Store from the PS4 home screen.
- Then, in the PlayStation Store, look for the Sony Crackle app and download and install it on your device. (The Crackle app can be found in the TV & Videos category.)
- After installation, open the Crackle app from the applications library.
- On your TV screen, you will be prompted with an activation code and activation instructions.
- Navigate to the Sony Crackle activation page – crackle.com/activate – on your computer, phone, or tablet’s web browser.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and click the activate button.
- Then, to complete the activation process, simply follow the on-screen prompts.
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE ON AMAZON FIRE TV?
Because the Fire TV stick runs on the Amazon platform, it can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store or the Amazon website.
After you’ve selected the correct HDMI port on your TV, the Amazon Fire Stick home screen should appear. Remember to double-check your internet connection because the steps will necessitate an Internet download.
- Navigate to the search bar on the Amazon Fire TV stick’s home screen.
- Use your remote to search for ‘Crackle’ using the keyboard provided on your screen.
If the remote appears to be inconvenient for you, you can download the ‘Fire TV’ app on your phone and use it to control the Fire TV.
- Choose ‘Crackle – Free TV & Movies’ from the search results.
- Because the app is very compatible with the Amazon Fire TV screen, the page that appears should include a download or install button.
- After that, open the app as it appears on your TV screen, and you’re ready to enjoy Sony’s library.
- If it does not appear, use your remote or an app to navigate to the Firestick home screen.
- The ‘Apps’ tab will appear. Tap it to activate it.
- Navigate to ‘Categories,’ then ‘Movies and TV.’
- Choose ‘Crackle.’
- It will open if it has been downloaded. If not, a ‘download’ button will appear. Tap it to activate it.
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE ON VIZIO?
Process of connecting Crackle on Vizio TV:
- Crackle.com can be accessed via smartphone or desktop.
- Sign in with your Crackle account. (If you don’t already have an account, create one.)
- Visit crackle.com/activate to get started.
- Navigate to My Account on your Vizio TV.
- Scroll down to User Account and click the Activate button.
- Your screen will display an activation code.
- On your smartphone or desktop, enter the activation code.
- Verification Success will appear in your browser, and the activation code will be removed from your Vizio TV screen.
HOW TO ACTIVATE CRACKLE ON SAMSUNG SMART TV?
Simply follow these steps to activate Crackle on your Samsung Smart TV:
The first step in using Crackle is to sign up for the app. By going to crackle.com and entering your personal information, you can sign up for the app.
- Simply go to crackle.com on your smartphone or desktop computer.
- Simply sign up for an account on the website or log in to an existing account by signing in.
- Launch the Crackle app from your Samsung Smart TV’s app list. If the app is not already installed on your Samsung Smart TV, you may need to download it.
- Simply go to your Samsung Smart Hub to download Crackle for your Samsung Smart TV.
- Use the search icon on the Samsung Smart Hub to look for Crackle. When you find the app, select it and install it on your device.
- Once installed, go to your app list and launch the Crackle app, then select “My Accounts.”
- Scroll down until you find “User Account,” then select it and click “Activate.”
- Once this is completed, you will be given an activation code. Keep this activation code handy.
- Simply go to crackle.com/activate on your mobile device or PC.
- Enter the activation code in the space provided on the website.
- Once completed, you will receive a verification code upon activation, and the code will also disappear from the screen of your device upon successful activation.
WHAT IF THE CRACKLE ACTIVATION CODE DOESN’T SHOW?
If Crackle does not display an activation code, it could be for one of the following reasons:
1. You Are Not Logged Into Your Crackle Account
You can easily resolve this issue by logging into your account with the same information you used to sign up. If you haven’t already signed up, do so before you begin the activation process. Remember that if you are not in the United States or Canada, you cannot sign up or activate.
2. Your TV Is In Dark Mode
Have you recently reduced the resolution of your television or switched to Dark Mode? Your activation code may be displayed in a darker color, making it impossible for you to see it. To view the code, exit Dark Mode or increase the brightness of your TV or monitor.
Go to Settings > Audio/Video > TV Resolution and select “Auto” when using Apple TV. If this does not work, continue to the next step.
3. You Are Using An Outdated HDMI Cable
When using an older HDMI cable, the code may not display. Unplug your HDMI cable for about 30 seconds before plugging it back in when using a media streaming device. If the code does not appear, replace the cable and try again. Get a modern cable, such as the PowerBear 4K HDMI cable, to avoid this issue.
WHAT IF THE CRACKLE ACTIVATION CODE IS NOT WORKING?
So you got your activation code, but entering it into Crackle doesn’t activate your device? So, here are some of the best options to consider:
1. Please Resend Your Activation Code
By going to My Crackle > Activation, you can resend the code to your device. Make sure to first log in to your account. An activation code should appear. Once you have it, depending on the device you are using, follow any of the steps above to activate Crackle.
2. Finish The Crackle Registration Process
You may have created an account, but you did not complete the registration process. This may include, but is not limited to, confirming your e-mail or providing any other information required.
That’s all. Hopefully, you were successful in installing Crackle and activating your account. You can now access the app via your TV, laptop, PC, or phone. If you are still having problems with the app, please consult our Crackle troubleshooting guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cast Crackle app?
Ascertain that your streaming device is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android phone/tablet or iPhone/iPad. Play the content in the Crackle app and then tap the Google Cast icon. When you select your Google Chromecast, it will begin to display on your streaming device.
Why is Crackle not working?
Check that your device is within range of your wireless base station and is free of any obstacles that could cause network interference. Restart the device. If the issue persists, restart your modem or router. Make sure you don’t have any ad blockers turned on.
Is Crackle TV really free?
Crackle is one of the few legitimate apps available that offers completely free streaming of television shows, movies, and other video content. It is ad-supported, and programs are occasionally interrupted by commercials, but given the amount of content available, it is well worth it.