When moving into my new home, I misplaced my Fire Stick’s remote a few days ago. I was fortunate to have a buddy who had an extra remote and was willing to lend it to me, saving me from having to buy a new Fire Stick immediately.
How To Disconnect A Fire Stick Remote In Seconds, but I couldn’t get it to pair with my own; it was only coupled with his. So after a few hours of tinkering, I decided it would be better to look online. There were many helpful articles and videos on Amazon Fire Tv Stick Remotes, but there were also many useless ones, and sorting through them took longer than I had anticipated.
Therefore, I decided to compile what I learned into a handy little resource I could refer to in the future. The result is this short, one-stop instruction on how to go about unpairing or pairing the FireStick remote. If you only have one Fire Stick Remote, you can unpair it by unplugging the Fire Stick and pairing the remote with the new gadget.
Later in the text, I’ve included a section explaining what to do if you have two Fire Stick Remotes attached to the same Fire Stick.
Troubleshooting: Issues on Disconnecting A Fire Stick Remote In Seconds
|Remove the batteries from the remote and replace them with new ones.
|Remote out of range
|Move the remote closer to the Fire Stick. The remote uses infrared to communicate with the Fire Stick, so it needs to be within line of sight.
|Remote not paired
|Pair the remote to the Fire Stick again. To do this, follow the instructions in the Fire Stick user guide.
|Remote is stuck
|Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds. This will reset the remote and hopefully unstick it.
|Remote is damaged
|If the remote is damaged, you may need to replace it.
Video: How To Unpair and Pair Your Fire Stick 4K TV Remote
HOW TO PAIR YOUR FIRE STICK REMOTE?
By simply pushing the Play/Pause button on the newly unboxed remote, you can pair it. That ought should do the trick. But, unfortunately, it typically means that your old remote isn’t paired utilizing the Fire TV remote app Orange Light if you have the Fire TV Cube.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
How To Disconnect A Fire Stick Remote
If you purchased a new or replacement remote for your current device, you could pair it by doing the following:
- But, first, switch off your Fire Stick.
- Verify that the batteries are inserted correctly.
- Set the Fire Stick to on. In a minute, the home screen will load.
- The remote mobile app has already been paired if you can use it at this stage.
- If not, hold down the HOME button for approximately 10 to 20 seconds.
- Your remote will now be paired according to a notification on the screen. Try using the fire tv remote app to see if it works, even if it doesn’t.
The following steps will show you how to link a second remote with the Fire Stick:
- First, go to the home page by navigating.
- Select Settings after highlighting it. To go about, use the navigational circle.
- Select Bluetooth Devices and Controllers.
- Select Amazon Fire TV Remotes from the list of available choices.
- Choosing Add New Remote. Now your TV will start looking for a new unpaired remote.
- For roughly 10 seconds, press and hold the HOME button on the remote you want to pair.
- This remote’s name will appear in the list of found remotes. You can now select it using the remote that is currently paired to the menu button.
WHEN SHOULD YOUR REMOTE BE UNPAIRED?
If your Fire Stick Remote is missing, but you have a spare, unpair it from the other device before pairing it with your primary Fire TV device.
Reset Your Fire TV Remote
1. You must wait 60 seconds after disconnecting the Fire TV from the power source.
2. Hold down the Left button while also pressing the Menu and Back buttons.
3. Put down the controls and wait for five seconds.
4. Take out the batteries from your remote.
5. First, wait 60 seconds after plugging in your Fire TV.
6. Take out the batteries and replace them in the remote.
In that scenario, before pairing the remote with your Fire Stick, you must unpair it with other older devices.
Additionally, unpairing and re-pairing the remote might solve any connectivity issues you’ve been having with your device or problems with the Fire Stick not responding to button pushes.
If your Fire Stick Remote breaks, you don’t necessarily need to buy a new one. Great Fire Stick Replacement Remotes are available on Samsung tv.
HOW DO YOU DISABLE YOUR FIRESTICK REMOTE?
One or two remote controls can be associated with your Fire Stick. Here’s how to handle both situations when unpairing your Fire Stick remote.
1. With the current gadget, you only use one remote control.
Unfortunately, unless you have another device with which you want to pair it, you cannot unpair it via the remote. If so, unplug the old device and pair the new remote by following the instructions above on pairing Fire Stick remote app.
2. With the current equipment, you are employing two remote controls.
Using the other remote, perform the following procedures to unpair one of the two linked remote controls:
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- Select Bluetooth devices and controllers.
- Select “Amazon Fire TV Remotes” by using the navigating circle to highlight it and click.
- Select the remote you want to de-pairing.
- Click the button. To select the remote you want to keep paired, press the Select button. This is the time to unpair the other remote.
You can pair a new Fire Stick Remote with the Fire TV App, then use the new one to unpair the old one if you’re trying to pair it without the old one. Then, you must open the Fire TV app and utilize it to access the Fire Stick device settings.
To begin the pairing procedure, navigate Controllers & Bluetooth Devices->Amazon Fire TV Remotes->Add New Remote. Because of its flexibility, you can also use the Fire TV App to connect your Fire Stick to Wi-Fi without a remote.
It’s pretty easy to pair or unpair your Fire Stick controller. First, check to see if the batteries in the remote have been correctly inserted if you’re still having issues.
Next, check if the remote you’re using to break the pairing is 10 feet or less from the Fire Stick. Any barrier in their path could further restrict the range.
You could use your Fire Stick with your computer if you want to experiment with it without bothering with remote controls and don’t need it to be connected to your TV. However, a universal remote for your Fire Stick is an excellent alternative if you want to be able to handle your full media setup and not just your Fire Stick.
Utilize Amazon’s support services to assist you in resolving any problems you may be having. For example, on the Amazon Fire TV Support Page, you can find all the answers to your questions concerning the Fire Stick.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I break my Amazon Fire Stick remote pairing?
Disconnect the power line from your Fire Stick and take the batteries out of the remote. Re-insert the remote’s batteries after a minute, then plug the Fire Stick back in. Press the Home button for about 40 seconds once the home screen appears. In a minute, the setup should be finished.
Why won’t my Fire Stick remote pair with the device?
To set the remote into pair mode, press and hold the Select button for 5 seconds. To restart the device, press and hold the Select and Play buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. Then, restart the apparatus: After restarting the device using Settings > System > Restart, unplug the power cable for 5 seconds before replugging it.
Do Firestick remotes have a universal design?
Since these Fire TV Stick remote controls link through Bluetooth, you can add more ones. To add a remote to your Fire TV Stick: Open the Controllers and Bluetooth Devices option by going to Settings. A few Amazon Fire TV remote controls.
How can my Amazon remote be reset?
Press and hold the Left and Menu buttons on your remote control simultaneously for 12 seconds. Hold off on the buttons for five seconds. Take out the batteries in your remote. Wait a minute after plugging in your Fire TV Stick’s power cord for it to switch on.
I am passionate about networking internet technology and connecting the world. I believe that we can make a difference by providing unique solutions that are reliable and easy to use. I am constantly innovating and expanding our reach to new markets. Our goal is to provide global access to affordable, high-quality internet connectivity. Join us in our mission to connect the world!