YouTube is the world’s largest online video streaming platform, and it is nearly flawless in every way. It does, however, have some flaws.
So, if you receive a “YouTube playback error, please try again later” notification when playing a video, don’t be concerned; this is a common problem on YouTube, as evidenced by the fact that most forums and Q&A sites have been flooded with topics on the subject.
Typically, you can refresh the page in your web browser to see if the problem has been resolved. If this method does not work for you, please continue reading to learn how to quickly fix YouTube playback errors.
HOW TO FIX A YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR?
The steps for resolving a YouTube playback error are the same across all devices. Most of the time, refreshing the YouTube video page or checking your internet connection will solve the problem.
However, not every problem has a simple solution. As a result, we’ll provide you with a variety of methods to use across all devices.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
Method 1: Restart Your Device
In some cases, simply restarting your iPhone or iPad will resolve the problem. This method can help you get rid of the temporary errors that are causing YouTube Playback errors on your device. So, just give it a shot and see if it solves your problem.
Method 2: Re-sign into YouTube
A Playback error on YouTube can also be caused by a problem with your Google account. To resolve this issue, simply sign out of YouTube and then sign back in. According to some users, this method solves the problem. You can also give it a shot.
Method 3: Reset the Router
A faulty network connection can also cause the YouTube app to fail to play videos, displaying a YouTube Playback error on the screen. As a result, you can reset the router to see if the problem goes away.
Method 4: Update the Router Firmware
Updating the router firmware can also help to resolve network connection problems. Many users reported that this method works for them.
The method for updating router firmware varies depending on the router. Check the router’s manufacturer’s website to see which brand and model you have and to find a tutorial.
Method 5: Reinstall the YouTube App
A YouTube Playback error may appear if the YouTube app encounters problems. You can try reinstalling the YouTube app on your device to rule out this possibility.
Method 6: Change the DNS Address
DNS is an abbreviation for Domain Name System. It can work in the background to underpin the web we use.
In terms of speed and security, different DNS servers behave differently. If you get a YouTube Playback error when using this DNS address, you can try another one.
HOW TO FIX A YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR ON MAC?
- CLOSE AND REOPEN YOUR BROWSER TAB – Begin with the most basic method: close and re-open the tab containing the YouTube playback error. To do so in a flash, hold down the Command + W keys to close the tab, then press Command + Shift + T to reopen it. You can also try refreshing the tab.
- RELAUNCH YOUR BROWSER – If restarting the specific YouTube tab did not work, proceed to the next step.
- YOUTUBE VIDEO QUALITY CAN BE CHANGED – A playback error may occur if your internet connection is slow and the video resolution is manually set too high. Reduce the video quality a little at a time.
- CHECK TO SEE IF IT’S A GLOBAL ISSUE – If you keep getting the playback error and there’s no sign of your internet connection being down, the issue could be on the other end. You can use Downdetector to see if other users have reported the same issue.
- CLEAR YOUR CACHE AND COOKIES – Clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and temporary files – perhaps an unwanted temporary file got in the way. You could also try cleaning the cookies for YouTube only.
- REBOOT YOUR MAC – Restart your Mac, and then reopen the YouTube video.
HOW TO FIX A YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR ON IPHONE?
- RELAUNCH THE APP – Going back to your home screen and closing the YouTube app from the multitasking menu is a quick fix for the YouTube playback error. After that, reopen the app.
- REMOVE COOKIES AND CACHE – Clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and temporary files. Perhaps an unwelcome temporary file is interfering with your YouTube video streaming. If you don’t want to delete all of these files, try deleting only the cookies for YouTube.
- MAKE USE OF GOOGLE CHROME – If you’re using Safari or another browser, try loading your video from Chrome. Because YouTube is a Google product, it performs best on Chrome.
- CHANGE THE VIDEO QUALITY ON YOUTUBE – Set the video quality for that particular YouTube video to the lowest setting. If this helps, it indicates that your internet connection is slow, and you should contact your internet provider or restart your router.
- YOU SHOULD UPDATE YOUR APP – To avoid glitches like this one, make sure you’re using the most recent YouTube or browser app.
Alternative Video: How To Fix YouTube Playback Error?
HOW TO FIX A YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR ON ANDROID?
- RESTART THE YOUTUBE APP – Simply exit the app from the multitasking menu and restart it. Play the same video (or any other for that matter) to see if the problem has been resolved.
- CHANGE FROM A BROWSER TO AN APP AND VICE VERSA – Switch to the YouTube app if you watched the video in the browser, and vice versa. This will assist you in determining whether the issue was in one of the two. Simply close and re-open the app that was causing the issue. To watch YouTube videos on Android, the best option is to use Google Chrome.
- CLEAR THE COOKIES AND CACHE IN YOUR BROWSER – Perhaps a random file is preventing you from accessing a specific YouTube video. Try clearing your browser’s cookies, cache, and temporary files.
- CHANGE THE VIDEO QUALITY – It’s possible that your internet connection is slow and that the video is having difficulty loading. Reduce the video quality to the lowest setting to see if this was the source of the problem.
- USE THE MOST RECENT BROWSER OR YOUTUBE APP VERSION – This will help to avoid some issues that may arise as a result of outdated app versions, such as the YouTube playback error.
HOW TO FIX A YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR ON CHROME?
Here are some of the most common (and straightforward) steps to take if you encounter a Chrome playback error:
- Please reload your YouTube video.
- If there are too many tabs open, try closing them.
- Chrome should be restarted.
- Start your router again.
- Restart your computer.
- Check that your browser is running the most recent version.
- If you have the “YouTube Flash Video Player 57.0” extension, remove it.
- Turn off AdBlock.
HOW TO FIX A YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR ON TV?
The first thing you should do if you notice a YouTube playback problem on your TV is to try loading another video. If none of this works, try the following:
- Exit and reopen the YouTube app on your television.
- Check for app updates – make sure you’re using the most recent version of YouTube.
- Install the YouTube TV app again.
- Restart your TV and try to play the video again.
YouTube is quickly becoming a must-have tool for those pursuing a work-from-home career. Using the methods described above, you can easily resolve the YouTube playback error on your device.
Try the troubleshooting steps outlined above and let us know which one worked to resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does YouTube Error 503 mean?
When YouTube returns a 503 error, it usually indicates that something is wrong with their server. Make sure you can access other websites while you wait for YouTube to fix the problem.
What is a video playback error?
A video playback error occurs when your video player fails to play a specific video. It could be due to mismatched or unavailable codecs, or it could be due to the video file itself becoming corrupt.
Why is my YouTube not working on Chrome?
There could be several reasons why YouTube isn’t working for you. The simplest solution would be to restart your router and browser and try again.