T-Mobile has grown in popularity over the years due to its low-cost plans and high-quality signals.
However, as more people use such services, cyber issues arise, necessitating the blocking of specific phone numbers.
So, if you’ve ever wondered what happens when you block a number on T-Mobile, we’re here to tell you!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BLOCK A NUMBER ON T-MOBILE?
When it comes to T-Mobile, the caller is directed directly to voicemail. With that said, users will receive a notification when they receive a voicemail from a blocked number. You may also receive a silent message in addition to voicemail notifications.
This silent message will be played for three to five seconds. If you’re wondering whether you’ll be able to call the blocked numbers, the answer is yes. This is due to the fact that you can call and text the blocked number whenever you want.
In terms of responding to the text message, the blocked person will be unable to do so. When you receive a call from a blocked number, the ring occurs once and the call is routed to voicemail.
Text messages, on the other hand, are routed to blocked senders. To be honest, it’s not a severe blocking scenario and can be considered the T-Mobile re-routing.
The best part about T-blocking Mobile’s service is that the blocked person will not receive notification that they have been blocked (who wants that notification, anyway?).
T-blocking Mobile’s is one-way, which means you can initiate communication from your end but the blocked number will be unable to contact you. When it comes to unblocking, you can always do so if you want to resume communication.
BLOCKING THE NUMBERS WITH T-MOBILE
T-Mobile has designed blocking services if you want to block spam and scammed numbers. To accomplish this, users can download the Scam Shield app and enable the scam block to ensure that they do not receive scammed calls in the future.
You can also activate this feature by dialing #662# from your mobile phone; this code is only available to postpaid users. You can also sign in to your T-Mobile account and enable the scam blocker. In the case of prepaid users, dial #436# to activate the scam block feature.
Furthermore, users can access family allowances because T-service Mobile’s allows users to block text messages and calls from specific contact numbers. The best part is that you can access and manage your family allowances through the My T-Mobile app.
CAN I BLOCK A NUMBER FROM MY TMOBILE ACCOUNT?
Tap the Menu icon to block calls. Tap Blocked numbers > ADD A NUMBER, then enter the number to be blocked and press the BLOCK button.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SOMEONE BLOCKED YOU ON T MOBILE?
If your Android’s phone calls and texts to a specific person do not appear to be reaching them, your number may have been blocked. To determine whether or not you’ve been blocked, delete the contact in question and see if they reappear as a suggested contact.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SOMEONE HAS BLOCKED YOU?
Being blocked by someone:
- In the chat window, you can no longer see a contact’s last seen or online status.
- You are not notified when a contact’s profile photo is updated.
- Any messages sent to a contact who has blocked you will always have one check mark (message sent) and will never have a second check mark (message delivered).
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU TEXT SOMEONE WHO BLOCKED YOU?
If an Android user has blocked you, “your text messages will go through as usual; they just won’t be delivered to the Android user,” according to Lavelle. It’s the same as an iPhone, but without the “delivered” notification (or lack thereof).
- Top 6 Cell Phone Companies That Uses Verizon Towers [Read More]
- What Time Does MetroPCS Close? (Easy Guide)
- How To Fix My Phone Say Restricted When I Call Someone? [3 Methods]
HOW TO CONTACT A PERSON WHO HAS BLOCKED YOUR NUMBER?
You can contact someone who has blocked your number by dialing their number from another phone. If this idea doesn’t appeal to you, you can also make a call while hiding your caller ID. As a result, some people complain that the blocked number is still getting through to Android.
The following are the steps to hide caller ID:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- In the drop-down menu, select “More.”
- Tap “Show My Caller ID” under “More Settings.”
- A pop-up window will appear. Select “Hide Number.”
- After hiding your phone number, call the person who has blocked you.
- Note: If your carrier has disabled the Caller ID Blocking Feature, it will not work on your Android phone.
HOW TO BLOCK CALLERS ON T-MOBILE’S WEBSITE?
Receiving unwanted calls from unknown numbers can be a real annoyance, especially if that number calls you repeatedly.
It is possible to do something about it. T-website Mobile’s allows you to block calls from specific numbers. This is only available for Family Plans with two or more lines, not individual plans. To learn how to do this, read and follow the steps listed below:
- Logging on and signing in– Open your web browser and navigate to www.myt-mobile.com, where you can sign in using your login information.
- Tools and Family Allowances- After logging in to your account, click Tools. There will be an option called Family Allowance on the list. There will be an option called Access Family Allowances under this. Select that option.
- Allowed or never allowed– Click the Allowed Numbers option under Access Family Allowances.
- Entering the blocked numbers- There will be two sides under Allowed Numbers, Always Allowed and Never Allowed. Enter the numbers you want to block under the Never Allowed sections (a maximum of 10) and click OK.
- Saving- After entering the numbers to be blocked on the line to which you want to apply it, click Save. T-Mobile customers, unfortunately, cannot yet block numbers on individual lines other than by blocking anonymous calls or registering their phone number on the Do Not Call list for telemarketer blocking.
HOW DO I BLOCK UNWANTED TEXT MESSAGES?
- Sign up for a free online service that blocks unsolicited text messages.
- Register your phone number with the service and follow the instructions to create a list of numbers to block.
- The service will handle blocking text messages from those numbers, making it appear as if they never existed!
WHY AM I ALL OF A SUDDEN GETTING SPAM TEXTS?
Without knowing the specifics of your situation, this is a difficult question to answer. If you are receiving spam texts from a phone number you have not given out, it is possible that someone has obtained your phone number from an unprotected source and is using it for malicious purposes.
If you are receiving spam texts from one of your contacts, they may have been hacked or infected with malware.
CAN YOU SEE MESSAGES FROM BLOCKED NUMBERS?
The ability to block text messages varies between providers and phones; the iPhone lacks a tool for blocking text messages on the phone, whereas AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint can handle blocking on a system level. T-Mobile, on the other hand, has no method for blocking specific text messages; however, if you have an Android smartphone, you can use an app to block text messages on that phone.
Blocking Messages and Smartphones
As smartphones become more popular, you have more options for blocking messages. The How-To Geek describes applications for both Android and iPhones that allow you to block messages, though the iPhone must first be jailbroken.
These apps add a layer of security to your messages and allow you to manually change your blocked numbers whenever you need to, without having to deal with your cellular provider’s limitations.
Specific Carriers and Blocking
T-Mobile does not allow you to block specific numbers, but it does have a filter that prevents email-based text messages from being sent. Sprint allows you to block not only incoming but also outgoing calls to specific numbers.
AT&T and Verizon both provide methods for blocking messages sent to your phone number and email address. Contact your phone company to learn about your call-blocking options.
Limitations of Blocked Numbers
Different carriers have different restrictions on blocked numbers. For example, Verizon allows you to block up to five numbers at a time, and blocked numbers expire three months after being blocked for the first time.
It is not possible to block emergency or system numbers. Verizon also prohibits blocking numbers with fewer than ten digits. The person who calls from the blocked number is informed that he is blocked; this is not a secret.
Voice messages from a blocked phone number do not reach you. Users with a blocked phone number are not directed to your voice mail, but are completely barred from leaving any message on your phone, voice or otherwise.
If you receive a voice mail from a previously blocked number, check with your phone provider to ensure that the number is still blocked.
The bottom line is that blocked numbers do not know if you have blocked them because even if you have blocked them, they will receive one ring and will be routed to voicemail. Your phone, however, will not ring. Finally, T-Mobile guarantees a secure communication experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know if someone blocked your number on T-Mobile?
You can’t tell if someone has blocked your number on an Android unless you ask the person. If your Android’s phone calls and texts to a specific person do not appear to be reaching them, your number may have been blocked.
What happens when you block a number and they try to text?
What happens when you try to call a blocked number on your Android phone? You can still call and text the blocked number as you normally would. Your text messages and phone calls will be received, but the recipient will be unable to call or message you. The block does not go both ways; it only goes in one direction.
Can T-Mobile block a number from texting me?
Go to the Devices page, select your device, and look for instructions on how to block calls. You can use this service to block calls and texts from specific numbers. My T-Mobile allows you to manage Family Allowances online.