Programming a new universal remote can be a nuisance for many people, and sometimes it’s not worth spending hours searching for the perfect code.
When I moved to a new universal remote, I had no idea what the code for my LG television was. I read numerous pages of information and forum discussions online to determine the code I was required to use.
I was able to compile a database of useable codes that could pair any remote with your LG television, even remotes from cable TV providers. This post is a storehouse of the knowledge I’ve discovered, allowing you to locate the code you need in seconds.
Pairing your LG Magic Remote with your Smart TV does not require codes. However, those who do can manually enter the code or use the auto code search feature to locate the necessary code swiftly.
There are multiple universal remote codes for LG televisions. Among the most prevalent codes are 3091, 1181, 1911, 0611, and 0001. Other often-used three-digit codes include 512, 505, and 553. There are also a variety of codes for various sorts of universal remotes from various manufacturers, such as RCA and Comcast.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
SETTING UP THE MAGIC REMOTE
LG’s remotes are simple to program or register, as LG refers to it. However, you must register the Magic remote with your TV when setting it up or after resetting it to factory settings.
To program the Magic remote to your LG television, you must:
- Turn on your LG TV.
- Target the television with the Magic Remote and push the OK button.
- If it does not automatically program itself, try steps 1 and 2 after turning the TV off and back on.
If the remote doesn’t register the first time correctly, you can also try re-registering it.
To accomplish this:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Smart Home and back buttons for at least 5 seconds.
- Aim the remote control at the television and push the OK button.
PROGRAMMING ANY REMOTE CONTROL
In addition to the official LG Magic Remote, you might utilize universal remotes from other manufacturers.
Once you have a universal remote compatible with your LG television, you may program it in one of two ways.
The first technique requires you to manually enter the code for your universal remote, while the second option searches its database for the relevant code and automatically applies it.
- Turn on the TV.
- Use the universal remote’s TV button.
- Finally, press and hold the Setup button until the light flashes on your universal remote.
- Enter the remote’s security code. The correct code can be found in the sections that follow.
- Point the remote control at the television and hold down the power button.
- When the television shuts off, release the power button.
TECHNIQUE FOR CODE SEARCHING
You can utilize the code search method if you cannot locate a compatible code for your universal remote. This procedure places your remote into a mode that searches for the correct code.
This method is not recommended because it is tedious, but it will only work if your other codes work. Here is what must be done:
- Manually Switch on the gadget
- Hold the “setup” button down (power red light turns on)
- Push and release the button for the TV (it can be any of the device buttons)
- Aim the remote at the TV and press the POWER button.
- The red light will continue to blink after cycling through 10 codes.
- The TV will power down
- Repeat Step 4 if not successful.
- Manually activate the television
- Aim the remote at the television and push the VOLUME + button.
- The red light will flash and then remain lit.
- The television will switch off.
- Repeat Step 8 if the device did not shut off.
- Examine the remote
- Press the TV button to save the remote’s code if it passes functionality testing
You must repeat the instructions if your TV’s buttons do not function as intended. This is why entering if-specific codes is considerably more straightforward, and we do not propose this as the primary technique.
LG REMOTE CODES
This section will cover the majority of remote codes required for connecting any remote with your LG television. It consists of remotes for your cable set-top box, universal remotes, and original LG remotes.
Note that this list will only be necessary if the automatic code search function returns no results.
4-DIGIT UNIVERSAL REMOTES
4-DIGIT RCA UNIVERSAL REMOTES
ONE FOR ALL UNIVERSAL REMOTE
GE UNIVERSAL REMOTE
5 -DIGIT UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODES
These codes are specific to each remote model, so if you possess a One For All universal remote, check the list for One For All remotes.
In most cases, the auto-search will find the codes for you, but if it cannot, enter them manually.
If your LG television is too old to handle LG’s Magic Remotes, I recommend updating it as soon as feasible. Modern remotes are more accessible to configure and compatible with many devices than prior universal remotes.
If you’re stuck with the television, run the auto code search a few times before manually entering each code. It will save you a lot of time, and you may discover the code if it was overlooked during the initial searches.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I locate my TV’s code?
Open the LG TV Plus application on your mobile device. To scan for TVs that can be connected to your smart device, tap the Start button. Then, choose the desired television from the list of search results. A PIN code is displayed on the television.
Can a universal remote control my LG television?
With a One for All universal remote control for your LG television, you can operate the TV and other electronic devices, such as your Blu-ray player, DVD player, game consoles, home theater, and streaming devices, with just one remote control.
How can I set up my LG remote with my television?
Engage your Smart TV. Wait ten seconds while your Smart TV powers up. Next, target the Smart TV using the Magic Remote Control, and then push the Wheel (OK) button. When registering the Magic Remote Control, a notification shows.
What is the default code for the LG television?
Second, correcting a specific issue on your television may be necessary. Many LG TV customers may wish to do so using the default passcode. The default password for the LG TV is 0000 or 1234.