If a universal remote replacement is required, various solutions are available. Perhaps the previous remote has been misplaced, or there is a new piece of equipment, and each device’s tolerance for having different remotes has diminished.
Regardless of the cause, a universal remote must be programmed to control the television. The codes for universal remotes compatible with Sony televisions are listed below.
A four-step approach is necessary to locate the correct code for your item, as the code is based on the sub-model and manufacturing year. First, you can locate the proper code or set up the television without it by reading it.
SONY TV REMOTE CONTROL CODES FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTES
Although there should be a global set of codes for universal remotes, each remote manufacturer has its unique code for Sony televisions. Hence there is no universal set of codes for universal remotes. However, the following are the codes required to begin programming your remote.
|Direct TV||11100, 10000, 10011, 10080, 10111, 10273, 10353, 10505, 10810, 10834, 11317, 11685, 11904, 11925, 10010, and 10000|
|RCA||1001, 1036, 1093, 1135, and 1177|
|GE||111, 011, 273, 000, 080|
As can be seen, there are numerous valid codes for each remote. Therefore, a procedure must be followed to enter the codes, cycle through them, and locate the correct code to ensure the remote’s total performance. Continue reading to discover the procedure for locating your ideal code.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
Sometimes a new universal remote is a solution to why your Sony television isn’t working, or you can’t change channels.
LISTED HERE IS THE DIRECTTV REMOTE CODE LIST FOR SONY TV
When you enter the Sony remote codes, the TV remote will flash. Then, it is recommended to press the button to change the channel to the previous one while pointing the TV remote straight toward the television; if the Sony remote code is correct, it will function. However, it is okay if the television does not answer. Repeat the same steps with the following code from the preceding list.
SONY TV 4-DIGIT CODES:
ONE-FOR-ALL UNIVERSAL REMOTE FOR SONY TV:
GE UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODES FOR SONY TV:
SONY TV 4-DIGIT UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODES:
SONY TV 3-DIGIT CODES:
GE SONY TV UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODES (SONY 3 DIGIT TV CODES):
SONY 3- AND 4-DIGIT WIDESPREAD CODES ARE:
ENTERING THE APPROPRIATE CODE FOR YOUR SONY TELEVISION WITH A DIRECTTV REMOTE
Entering the correct code for your Sony television with a DirectTV remote requires multiple steps.
- Utilize the present remote or the TV’s power button to power on your Sony television.
- While facing the television, press and hold the “Mute and Select” button on your universal remote until the LED light flashes twice.
- Enter the initial code supplied for your device in the preceding paragraph.
- For example, to enter “TV” mode, press the “TV” button on the remote’s control.
- Press the power on/off switch. If the television is turned off, your remote’s code will be locked.
If the television does not turn off at this stage, remove the code from the list and repeat the steps using the following code on the list until the television responds appropriately.
USING AN RCA REMOTE TO ENTER THE CORRECT CODE FOR YOUR SONY TELEVISION
The procedures for entering codes on an RCA remote and a DirectTV remote change significantly, but the procedure is identical.
- Utilize the button on the TV of the existing remote to power the television.
- Locate and press the “code search” button on the remote control.
- While holding down the “code search” button, push and release the pairing device’s button. We shall press the “TV” button for this instruction because we are pairing our television. The button must be illuminated.
- Enter the first code from the list above. Once entered, the “TV” button’s indicator light will turn off.
- Check any button on the remote for functionality. If one button is functional, test other buttons to ensure proper operation. It is typical for one button to function with the incorrect code but not the others.
USING A GE REMOTE TO ENTER THE CORRECT CODE FOR YOUR SONY TELEVISION
GE will be the final remote manufacturer addressed in this essay. Again, the method is relatively identical, but different buttons are pressed.
- To enter setup mode, press the “setup” button until the red indicator light at the top illuminates. Once the device is turned on, release the button. The light must be on.
- Select the gadget that you wish to reprogram. In this situation, the button will be labeled “TV.” The red light blinks off and back on when the button is pressed and released.
- Select the indicated code and enter it. After entering the code, the red light should turn off.
- Test the remote by pushing various buttons and checking that every feature is operational. If so, the procedure is complete. If there is a button problem, restart the procedure with the following code.
CODING WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF THE CODES
The codes provided on this page are exhaustive; the process must be repeated if they are not successful. Instead of an incorrect code, an error in the input process is most likely to blame.
There are situations, such as impatience, where the user may desire to program the remote without entering codes. Every manufacturer of universal remotes has a method for programming the remote without a code.
The algorithm attached to the remote automatically executes the procedure above. It is not faster than the manual approach but eliminates the need to enter codes repeatedly.
The procedure will be terminated if it finds a code that works for a single button. This results in using the incorrect code and restarting the entire procedure.
It is not recommended to complete the process automatically for this very reason. However, each remote’s method is unique and requires following the manual’s instructions.
Programming your remote is easy. Unless you purchase a replacement remote, you should not be required to reprogram the remote if you have followed the programming instructions above. Instead, enjoy the simplicity of having a single remote for various devices.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I locate my Sony TV’s code?
Select Settings. Click the Link with the TV code link. A blue TV code will appear on the screen. Prepare your smartphone or tablet and follow the “Enter the code” instructions.
How do I pay for my universal Sony remote?
Choose Remotes & Accessories Remote control Accessories. Connect through Bluetooth, then press and hold the Vol – (down) and Mic buttons for three seconds till you see Connecting…, then click OK when you see the message The new remote has been linked.
Will any Sony remote control work with any television?
Our remotes are always compatible, regardless of whether you own a Sony LCD, LED, Plasma, OLED, or QLED model. All that is required is the insertion of two (functioning) AAA batteries.
How do I locate my television’s code?
Using the TV’s remote, navigate to Settings and then Support. This window displays the model code when you select About this TV. Once you have the model number, you can learn more about your television.