For the previous seven years, I had been an active customer of AT&T’s internet services. My family and I recently relocated to a new city. Unfortunately, the sole provider in the area was Xfinity.
I had to say goodbye to my former ISP as a result, and I had to figure out how to find a new one. I started the process of connecting the COMCAST Xfinity cable box and Internet with the assistance of numerous how-to articles and manuals on the Internet as well as some guidance from the neighbors.
How To Hook Up Xfinity Cable Box, the procedure was rather simple. Nevertheless, I decided to create detailed instructions for connecting the Xfinity Cable box and the Internet.
By attaching the xFi Gateway to the wall outlet and twisting a coaxial wire clockwise at both ends, you may connect the Xfinity Cable Box and Internet.
I went into great depth on the entire procedure, including how to activate your Comcast Xfinity Internet Service, whether to buy or rent equipment, and whether to do it yourself or hire a specialist.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
Video: How to Set Up a New Comcast Xfinity TV Cable Box
SELF-INSTALL KIT FOR XFINITY CAN BE ORDERED
You will want the self-installation kit if you intend to install it yourself. If you have the kit prepared and have already ordered Xfinity Internet, great.
How To Hook Up Xfinity Cable Box
If you prefer, you can order online or over the phone while speaking with an Xfinity sales representative and make a request for your Xfinity box.
How to hook up a Comcast cable box?
The Comcast box may be connected to an HDTV with an HDMI connection; if your TV doesn’t support HDMI, you’ll need to utilize the more traditional A/V cables (red, yellow, and white). A/V cables must be included with the cable box. It’s not hard to get HDMI cables for less than $15 at any major electronics retailer.
WHOSE SELF-INSTALLATION KIT CONTAINS?
Once you have verified that each item is present and undamaged, please check each item off the list I have provided.
- Wireless gateway for xFi (this is your modem-router combo)
- Power cord
- Ethernet cable Coaxial cable
- Setup and Getting Started instructions
- If you ever need to return something, instructions and pre-paid labels will be provided.
I’ll now walk you through a few simple steps to set up your Xfinity cable box.
Installing Xfinity Internet On Your Own
It’s not as complicated as it sounds, so don’t worry. To set up your Xfinity Internet, do the following:
- Take the coaxial cable and attach one end to the wall outlet. Tighten it by giving it a clockwise twist.
- The other end of the coaxial cable should be plugged into your xFi Wireless Gateway Plug’s coaxial input. Twist once more in a clockwise direction until it feels tight to your tv box.
- The power wire should now be connected with one end to the xFi Gateway and the other to an electrical outlet.
- Press the power button if your Gateway doesn’t appear to turn on automatically.
- Watch for a globe-shaped connection light. It can take up to 20 minutes for this to manifest.
You are now ready to go!
ACTIVATING YOUR XFINITY INTERNET SERVICE
The activation of the Xfinity Internet service is your next task. There are four different approaches you can take:
- Online: View the activation page for Xfinity. Verification of your Xfinity account will be required. Make sure your plan meets your needs so that you don’t discover that your upload speed is too slow. Once that is finished, go with their directions to finish the activation procedure.
- Call 1-855-652-3446 from a phone. You should contact the activation support for Xfinity. To complete activation, follow the instructions.
- TV: You can use your TV to complete activation by following the instructions on your TV screen if you choose to install the Xfinity TV service as well as on your cable tv.
- Android or iOS mobile app for Xfinity xFi: From the App Store or Play Store, download the app.
- A few steps and a signature are required. Manufacture sure you are prepared with the Gateway model and make information. It is located at the device’s base. As part of Xfinity Blast, I had secured the highest-speed and bandwidth plan for myself, so I immediately activated my plan to begin using it.
SELF-INSTALLATION VS. PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION
I’ve compared the two to assist you to decide if you’re still torn between the two options.
The final line is that I advise expert installation if you’re doubtful of your technical abilities or your home isn’t wired to set up the Xfinity service.
Self-installation would be rewarding and cost-effective for those who are prepared to put in the time and effort, especially if your home is already wired for Xfinity service.
XFINITY INTERNET EQUIPMENT: BUY OR RENT?
On every article on Xfinity Internet, this query appears in the list of frequently asked questions. To help you choose which one is best for you, below is a list of advantages and disadvantages once more.
If you intend to use Xfinity Internet for an extended period of time, you might prefer to pick your own device rather than worry about replacements.
If so, I advise purchasing your own Xfinity box router and/or modem and stopping your Comcast rent payments. It will pay off.
Setup of the Xfinity WiFi
Here are the final steps to manually set up your Xfinity Wi-Fi:
- The default network name and password for your Xfinity Wi-Fi network are located at the bottom of your Gateway.
- Access the Wi-Fi device list on your device by navigating there.
- Enter the password after selecting the network name from the Gateway.
Now, you ought to be able to connect. You can also use the Xfinity remote mobile app as an alternative. Using the device you want to connect with, scan the QR code on the bottom of the Gateway to apple tv.
You can customize settings via the app, such as altering the network name or password. Consider purchasing xFi Pods if you are dissatisfied with the coverage that the Wi-Fi provides.
In essence, they serve as Wi-Fi extenders and cost $119 for one or $199 for two units. To set it up, adhere to the following directions:
- Install the Xfinity app on your phone.
- Connect the xFi Pod to an electrical outlet that is nearby the Gateway to the HDMI cable. Within this radius, the signals will be stronger.
- On the device where the Xfinity app is installed, enable Bluetooth.
- To activate xFi Pods, tap the Account icon.
- To begin activating, tap Get Started.
- You’ll soon be required to keep the gadget six inches or less away from the xFi Pod.
- Give the Pod a name to help you locate it once the process is finished.
You might try restarting your xFi Gateway if it’s offline.
How Xfinity Stuck On Welcome Screen – Fix With 9 Easy Ways (Guide)
CONNECT THE XFINITY CABLE BOX TO THE INTERNET IN ORDER TO CONNECT
With that, I’ve finished outlining the simple procedures for setting up your Xfinity cable box. You can receive professional assistance here if something goes wrong and you need it. Try restarting the Xfinity Cable Box or coax cable and resetting your Comcast Signal if it’s not working.
Since I am the only provider in my community, the problem has always been encountered previously. So it’s not difficult to locate assistance. The cherry on top is not needing to check for firmware upgrades on a regular basis.
It’s safe to say that so far, my transition to Xfinity has gone without a hitch. If you decide to change your mind, be sure to follow the return process to prevent having to pay the cancellation fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn’t my Xfinity cable box function?
Restart your Comcast cable box if your Xfinity cable box isn’t working. Proceed to a factory reset if this doesn’t get the Xfinity cable box to function. I’ve also covered phoning Comcast Tech Support, using the restore default option, and resetting your cable box via the Xfinity My Account App.
How do I turn on my brand-new Xfinity gear?
Online Equipment Activation. Connect and turn on your TV, voice, and/or Internet devices. To find simple, step-by-step activation instructions online, visit Xfinity.com/activate. Visit xfinitymobile.com/activate to activate your Xfinity Mobile device.
What cable input should the TV be on?
High-Definition Media Input, or HDMI, is the preferred port for all of your contemporary electronics. Your TV’s HDMI connections can be utilized for both audio and video. Additionally, since the majority of computers support HDMI, you can connect your PC to your TV with an HDMI connection.
How can I make my cable box functional once more?
If you’re using a power strip, make sure you carefully unplug the Set-Top Box power cord from it. The Set-Top Box will power down fully in 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord. The Set-Top Box will restart on its own; this process could take a while.