Businesses face enormous challenges in carrying out their daily operations during this pandemic. For any professional meetings, everyone nowadays prefers virtual meetings.
That’s where the Zoom app comes in, making web conferencing and classes a breeze.
The business and education sectors are both facing unexpected challenges.
Zoom has made it very simple by allowing you to schedule meetings using a calendar. It is available as a standalone app on platforms such as Android, Windows, and iPhone.
This post will show you how to zoom on Roku TV.
ZOOM MEETINGS ON ROKU TV
Zoom Cloud Meetings is one of the best video conferencing software apps for connecting with friends, family, and colleagues from anywhere and at any time! Using this app, you can attend office meetings, host a virtual party for your friends, teach online classes, and be virtually present anywhere.
Although the Zoom app is compatible with the majority of devices, you will be unable to download and install Zoom Meetings on Roku. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Zoom on your television.
You can still use Zoom Meetings on Roku by screen mirroring. However, this method necessitates some workaround, but you can have Zoom on your Roku TV up and running in a matter of minutes!
ZOOM APP FEATURES
- Even if you do not have a Zoom subscription, the Zoom app allows you to host a free meeting.
- Depending on the subscription package you choose, up to 500 people can attend the meeting.
- As previously stated, it is very easy to share a screen and also has the highest quality video conferences.
- The group chat option, like other messaging options, is another feature that makes Zoom commendable.
- The duration of a Zoom meeting is 40 minutes, and you can record any session regardless of Subscription package.
IS ZOOM CLOUD MEETINGS APP AVAILABLE FOR ROKU?
No. The Roku Channel Store does not have the Zoom Meetings app. Zoom Meetings can only be viewed using the casting feature on Android or Windows devices. You must first enable Screen Mirroring on the Roku streaming device.
HOW TO GET ZOOM CLOUD MEETINGS ON ROKU?
As previously stated, the Zoom app is not yet available on Roku. As a result, the only way to use Zoom on your Roku device is to mirror the screen of a secondary device.
If you want to mirror the screen of your Android device, follow the steps outlined below. (On the other hand, if you want to screen mirror your Windows PC, proceed to the next section.)
Step 1: Enabling Screen Mirroring on Roku
Roku has a built-in screen mirroring feature that allows you to automatically mirror the screen of your Android or Windows device. If you haven’t already enabled screen mirroring on your Roku, follow these steps:
- Connect your Roku device to the TV via the HDMI port. Turn on the Wi-Fi connection and sign in to your Roku account.
- Scroll down to the Settings option on the Roku home screen.
- Select the System option from the Settings tab.
- The Screen Mirroring option can be found here. Simply click on it.
- You will now be presented with three options: Never, Always allow, and Prompt. To enable screen mirroring, select the prompt or always allow option.
Step 2: ScreenCast Zoom to Roku TV from Android Phone
After enabling the screen mirroring mode on Roku, follow the steps below to cast the screen of your Android device. (However, make sure your phone and Roku device are both connected to the same internet connection.) Read our guide on how to cast to Roku from a computer.
- Download and install the Zoom meetings app from the Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- Locate the connection & sharing option in your phone’s settings app.
- Choose the Cast option.
- Your phone will now search for and display nearby devices.
- Select your Roku device from the drop-down menu.
- Accept the permission on your Roku-connected TV, and the screen of your Android device will be displayed on the TV.
- Start the Zoom Meetings App on your mobile device and enter your login credentials (if you haven’t already).
- You can now use the Zoom cloud meetings app to host a new meeting or attend an existing one, as well as watch Zoom content on Roku TV.
ZOOM CLOUD MEETINGS ON ROKU FROM WINDOWS
You can also mirror the screen of your Windows laptop or PC to cast the Zoom cloud meetings app. To do so, make sure your Windows device and Roku are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Enable screen mirroring on Roku as well by following the steps outlined in step 1 of the preceding section.
After that, follow these steps to mirror the Zoom Meetings app:
- To begin, connect your PC or laptop to the internet.
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and the P key at the same time.
- You will be presented with a project menu. Select the option Connect to a wireless display.
- Your device will search for and display nearby wireless devices on the screen.
- Locate and select your Roku device from the list.
- Accept the permission on your Roku screen, and your Windows screen will appear on the TV.
- Navigate to Zoom’s official website using the web browser on your Windows device.
- Sign up for a new account or sign in to your existing one.
- You can now start a new meeting or attend an existing one while watching it on TV.
HOW TO SCREENCAST ZOOM INTO ROKU TV FROM ANDROID PHONE
Following the instructions below, you can cast to the screens of an Android device after enabling the screen mirroring feature in Roku. (However, make sure your phone and Roku devices are both connected to the same network.) For more information, see our guide on casting to Roku from a PC.
- Download and install the Zoom meeting app from the Google Play Store on your phone. Google Play Store
- Search for the connection and sharing option in your phone’s settings app.
- Choose the Cast option.
- The phone will now search for and display nearby devices.
- Choose the Roku gadget from the list of available options.
- After that, you can accept the permission for Your Roku-connected TV, and the screen of your Android device will be displayed on the television.
- Open the Zoom Meetings app on your smartphone, then sign in (if you haven’t already).
- You can now use the Zoom cloud meeting app to organize your own meetings or join existing ones. Zoom’s content is also available via Roku TV.
Although the Zoom app is available on the majority of devices, it is not officially available on Roku. As a result, you won’t be able to watch Zoom on your Roku TV.
You can, however, install Zoom meetings on Roku by following the steps in this guide to screen mirror your Android or Windows device and cast Zoom to your TV in a matter of minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Zoom App?
Finally, an inexpensive means of communication that allows you to share texts, images, videos, and even files. One of the most secure meeting platforms, with a maximum capacity of 50 participants.
Are you able to install Zoom on the smart TV?
Zoom meetings can be held in a variety of ways. Meetings can be screened using your smart TV. Certain smart TVs may include Zoom as an app, and certain smartphones may be able to share their screens with your television.
Does using Zoom come with a fee?
Zoom has a basic plan that allows you to hold unlimited meetings. It includes all of the full-features. There is no trial period, so you can use it for as long as you want. There is also a professional plan. The only similarity between the two plans is that you can hold one-on-one meetings for a maximum of 24 hours.