Zoom became a household name after the COVID-19 pandemic. With a large percentage of the workforce transitioning to “work from home” assignments, Zoom soared to the top of the video conferencing app charts.
With Zoom’s ability to hold up to a hundred people in a meeting, casting a conference to larger screens seemed like the next logical step.
Users can use cast Zoom meeting to Chromecast on almost any device, including a smart TV, which is useful for large group meetings. We’ll go over how to use Chromecast to cast Zoom meetings to various devices down below.
WHAT ARE ZOOM CLOUD MEETINGS?
Cloud Meeting is simply a digital meeting space. This is accomplished by moving people from one location to another via camera to the same conversation on the same screen.
This reduces people’s isolation and increases efficiency. You can connect more than 1000 people at once for such video meetings, creating a massive virtual market for you.
HOW TO CAST ZOOM MEETING TO CHROMECAST?
You can cast your Zoom video conference in three different ways:
- Cast from your computer using Google Chrome.
- Cast from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Cast from your iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad.
Casting a Zoom video conference to your smart TV is slightly different with iOS and requires the Google Chrome browser when casting from a PC because Chromecast is a Google product.
To begin, make sure your TV has at least one HDMI port available. Connect your Google Chromecast to the same internet source as your casting device by plugging it in.
Install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your Android or iOS device. For iPhone and iPad users, you’ll also need to download the Chromecast Streamer third-party app. You’re ready to go once you’ve created an account and logged into Zoom.
CHROMECAST ZOOM WITH GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER
- Select the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the Google Chrome browser when it is open. This is the Menu, which will display a list of various options.
- Select Cast from the list about halfway down. This will open the Cast tab, which will include a drop-down menu labeled Sources. Choose Cast from the Sources drop-down menu.
- Choose the Share option from this menu. When you’re ready to begin your Zoom meeting, launch the Zoom Cloud Meeting app from the Start menu and dial in.
You’ll probably notice that the audio source is your computer. If this is an issue, you can improve the sound and communication quality by connecting a Bluetooth device or Aux speakers to your PC.
CHROMECAST ZOOM WITH ANDROID
After opening the Zoom Cloud Meeting app, one of the first things you’ll notice is that there is no casting option. The symbol to use is typically a small rectangle enclosing the three Wi-Fi waves.
- After opening the Zoom Cloud Meeting app, one of the first things you’ll notice is that there is no casting option. The symbol to use is typically a small rectangle enclosing the three Wi-Fi waves.
- As a workaround, Android devices have a mirroring option that you can use.
- Locate Screen Cast in the Notification Panel. When you select it, your Chromecast device should appear for you to tap.
- Open the Zoom Cloud Meeting app after selecting your Chromecast device.
- When you make a call from here, the video will be cast to your TV. The free version of Zoom, like the PC version, does not support audio.
CHROMECAST ZOOM WITH IOS
Chromecast Streamer, a third-party app, is required for iPhone and iPad users. Because Zoom does not have a casting option, you can use the Chromecast Streamer app to cast a Zoom meeting to your Chromecast device.
- When you open the Chromecast Streamer app, you’ll notice a casting logo in the upper left corner, sandwiched between a settings gear icon and a rocket icon. Choose the cast icon.
- A Connect to Chromecast screen will appear, with your Chromecast device listed. Tap Connect from the pop-up menu after selecting your device.
- This will display a menu of options. Select Screen Cast from the list, then select Start Mirroring.
- Select Start Broadcasting on the next screen. You can now launch the Zoom Cloud Meeting app and cast to your Chromecast device.
ALTERNATIVE AUDIO OPTIONS WITH ZOOM AND CHROMECAST
Zoom makes use of the microphone on your smartphone or another casting device, as well as mono audio rather than stereo audio. As a result, the default audio on your smartphone will be played through the speaker.
However, if you use the Zoom app on your PC, you can change the settings to stereo audio during Zoom meetings.
HOW TO CHANGE AUDIO FROM PC?
- Select your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of your Zoom account when logged in via PC. Click the Audio tab from here.
- Scroll down to the Music and Professional Audio section and turn on the Show in-meeting Option to Turn On Original Sound checkbox.
- To enable stereo audio in future Zoom meetings, check the Stereo Audio box. Unfortunately, you can only cast from a PC, so you’ll have to use a different method for other devices.
OTHER OPTIONS FOR ANDROID AND IOS USERS
Zoom meetings are similar to phone calls, with the audio output set to your ear speaker as if you were talking on the phone. You can get around this by switching to speakerphone mode.
Regrettably, some smartphones have superior speakers to others. Speakerphone is a viable option if the sound is clear, concise, and works for you.
ZOOM CALL ISSUES AND HOW TO FIX THEM
- Zoom should be updated. Failure to update the zoom may result in zoom problems, so keep it up to date.
- Use the Zoom app if you’re using a laptop or desktop computer. When using Zoom, you can use a feature similar to its web version.
- You should use the app because the web version contains numerous errors. If the webcam or microphone does not work on the Zoom app or mobile version, first check the zoom settings.
- If that isn’t a problem, you can go to the computer/settings phone’s and fix any issues that may have prevented access.
Chromecast devices from Google are exceptionally well-made. It stands to reason that they can cast more than just standard streaming services to your TV.
Chromecast can essentially mirror anything on your phone, tablet, or computer screen to your TV, making it ideal for casting Zoom meetings, particularly large-group conferences.
It’s preferable to communicate with fifty people on a 60-inch TV screen rather than with something in your hand. Your business meetings and family connections will be more convenient and intimate on a larger screen thanks to devices like Chromecast.
Chromecast and Zoom will remain popular choices for business and personal meetings as businesses across the country embrace work-from-home options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Zoom work on chromecast?
As a workaround, Android devices have a mirroring option that you can use. Locate Screen Cast in the Notification Panel. When you select it, your Chromecast device should appear for you to tap. Open the Zoom Cloud Meeting app after selecting your Chromecast device.
How do I cast a Zoom meeting to my TV?
Then, under Room Management, select Zoom Rooms. Account Settings will be displayed. Navigate to the Meetings tab. Locate the Display meeting list on TV option and ensure that it is turned on.
How do I cast Zoom on chromecast?
Zoom Casting on Android:
On your Android phone, enable the Screen Cast feature.
Your Chromecast device will be shown; click on it to mirror your device.
Join the Tribe meeting by opening the Zoom app. The Zoom class will be mirrored to your Chromecast and shown on your television!