The Xfinity routers, like other wireless routers, have a set of status LED lights that indicate the activity and status of your network and connection.
Essentially, these LED lights are a sure sign of what’s going on at the time.
Your Xfinity router will blink green, blue, orange, or even white depending on the activity or problem you are currently experiencing with your router.
This article will walk you through the Xfinity router blinking white problem, explaining what it means and how to fix it.
XFINITY ROUTER BLINKING WHITE: WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
A solid white light on your Xfinity router normally indicates that it is connected and that the internet connection is stable. If it’s blinking, it could mean that the router is having trouble connecting to the internet or that your service hasn’t been activated yet.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
There is always a solution to whatever is causing the white blinking light. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue and continue using your internet as usual.
HOW TO FIX XFINITY ROUTER BLINKING WHITE ISSUE?
1. ACTIVATING YOUR XFINITY ROUTER
When you get a new Xfinity router, you must first activate it before you can use it.
It is very simple to activate your router; simply follow the steps below:
- Get the Xfinity app for your smartphone. If you are unable to download the app, you can follow the instructions in the “Getting Started Guide” that came with your router or go to Xfinity’s official website.
- Sign in with your Xfinity ID and password after launching the app. If you do not already have an Xfinity account, you can open one.
- Scan the QR code on the bottom or side of the router with your phone’s camera and the Xfinity app. If you are unable to scan the code, you can manually enter the 12-digit CM MAC number found on the bottom or side of the router.
- The app will then direct you to the best location for your router, as well as assist you in connecting the cables and powering up the router.
- After that, choose a name and password for your Wi-Fi network.
- You can now sit back and relax while the Xfinity app takes care of the rest of the setup. Once the activation is complete, the app displays your Wi-Fi name and password for confirmation, completing the setup.
Alternative Video: How To Fix Xfinity Blinking Light?
- 4 Best Ways To Cast Zoom Meeting to Chromecast (Solved)
- YouTube TV Freezing: How To Fix In Seconds? (7 Best Ways)
- 9 Best Fixes To YouTube TV Not Working on Firestick
2. THE LIGHTS ARE SOLID BUT NO INTERNET ACCESS
After you’ve confirmed that you’ve activated your router and checked for any of the physical issues listed above, the light on your router should go from blinking to solid white. As a result, your internet connection should be stable.
However, if the lights are solid and you are experiencing network issues, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take.
3. RESTART XFINITY ROUTER
The best and most common solution is to restart the router. Restarting a device generally aids in the clearing of its active and cached memory. As a result, any buggy software that may be causing problems is removed, and the device is restored to its original state.
You can manually restart your router by unplugging it from its power source, waiting 15 seconds, and then plugging it back in. You can also restart your router using the Xfinity app on your smartphone, as shown below:
- Open the Internet menu after logging into your Xfinity account.
- Select “Restart this device” from the menu that appears when you tap on your router.
- To confirm your decision, tap “Restart Device.”
- It will take 5-10 minutes for your device to restart.
4. RESET XFINITY ROUTER
If restarting your router does not solve the problem, you can try performing a factory reset. Locate the reset button on the back of the router to accomplish this.
It’s a small, recessed button that’s usually a different color than the rest of the router’s body, making it easy to spot. Gently press and hold the button with a paper clip or a pen until the lights on the front of the modem turn off. It will take a few seconds for your router to re-initialize and the lights to return to normal.
It is important to understand that a factory reset is irreversible and will erase all previous network settings and configurations, including the Wi-Fi name and password. This means you’ll have to repeat the router activation process.
5. XFINITY ACTIVATION PROCESS NOT COMPLETED
An incomplete activation process could be one of the causes of the Xfinity router flashing white light. All you need to do now is finish the activation process, and the blinking white light should be fixed.
To complete the activation process, follow these steps:
- First, get the Xfinity app for your smartphone and install it. There are iOS and Android versions available.
- To login, enter your Xfinity ID and password. If you do not have these login credentials, you must first register before attempting to log in.
- A QR code can be found on the bottom or side of your Xfinity router. In order to identify the gateway, the Xfinity app will ask you to scan this QR code. If you have trouble scanning the QR code, you can manually enter the CM MAC code (12 digits) printed on the router next to the QR code.
- The app will then walk you through the rest of the setup process, giving you advice and instructions on the best router position and how to connect the cables. You will also be asked to enter a network name and password.
6. CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE
If none of these solutions worked for you, your only option is to contact Xfinity customer service by phone or email.
Customer support information can be found on the back of the router’s box or on their official website. Make sure to include all of the troubleshooting steps you used to try to solve your problem. This will allow Comcast to find a solution for you much more quickly.
So there you have it, the white light on your Xfinity router simply informs you of the status of your connection. If it is solid white, you have nothing to be concerned about, and your router is fully functional.
However, if the white light is blinking, it indicates that there is a network problem, and you will need to consider some of the solutions listed above to resolve your problem. If none of the troubleshooting tips work, you can get the best Xfinity modem available and be done with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do the lights on the Xfinity router mean?
The lights on your Xfinity router assist in communicating information about the router’s status or network connectivity to you. The router sends different messages to the user by using different colors of light.
What does the blue blinking light mean on the Xfinity router?
The blinking blue light indicates that your Xfinity router is in WPS mode. Unfortunately, this indicates that your gateway is currently attempting to connect to another wireless device.
What does the green blinking light mean on the Xfinity router?
The green blinking light on your Xfinity router indicates that it is turned on and that power is flowing through the system. This does not, however, imply that it is connected to a network.