Amusing videos are always enjoyable for all children. YouTube Kids is one such online video platform. YouTube Kids on Roku, on the other hand, can be both entertaining and educational. Because of the app’s diverse safe and simple contents.
YouTube Kids is created by YouTube. Every child prefers to watch this American channel. And having it available on Roku is a fantastic experience.
Consider watching cartoons, arts and crafts, and educational videos on your large screen. Isn’t it thrilling? You’re probably wondering how to go about doing so. Let’s go ahead and learn how to watch YouTube Kids on Roku.
YouTube Kids is an online streaming service designed specifically for children to learn and have fun. You can access kid-friendly content, family-friendly videos, family tips and tools, non-sensitive content, and other kid-friendly elements via this YouTube Kids application.
Then there are no subscription plans or app fees for YouTube Kids. As a result, you can get and use YouTube Kids for free.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE YOUTUBE KIDS ON ROKU?
Unfortunately, the YouTube Kids app is not available on Roku’s Roku Channel Store. As a result, YouTube Kids is not available on Roku. But don’t worry, there are still some ways to get YouTube Kids on Roku.
- YouTube Is Not Working on Roku (7 Easy Fixes To Try)
- YouTube Playback Error [6 Best Solutions To Try]
- 4 Best Ways To Cast Zoom Meeting to Chromecast (Solved)
HOW TO WATCH YOUTUBE KIDS ON ROKU?
Sadly, the YouTube Kids app is not available in Roku channel stores. But you don’t have to be concerned. There are other ways to watch this American kids channel on your big screen.
In this case, the Miracast feature can come in handy. You can watch YouTube Kids on Roku by enabling screen mirroring. You can also use Roku to cast YouTube Kids from your Android or iPhone screen.
Let us now look at how to enable screen mirroring on various devices.
ACCESS YOUTUBE KIDS APP THROUGH ANDROID PHONE
The steps for using Android’s screen mirroring method are as follows:
- To begin, connect your Roku and Android devices to the same wifi network.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store on your Android device. Search for and download the YouTube Kids app from the Play Store.
- Sign in to your YouTube Kids account after downloading the app. Next, on your phone, swipe down the notification bar.
- Look for the “Screencast” option in the notification bar. Select “enable wireless display” from the select cast menu.
- You will see a list of nearby devices as a result of your search. To connect it, use the Roku TV.
- Stream the video on your phone after connecting to the Roku TV. Similarly, similar content will be streamed on your Roku screen.
ACCESS YOUTUBE KIDS THROUGH IPHONE
With the most recent Roku update, you can enable iOS device screen sharing. This is possible thanks to a Roku update that includes HomeKit and AirPlay. Now, let’s look at how to do it on Roku and an iPhone, respectively.
On Roku via Airplay
- To begin, turn on your Roku and connect to the internet.
- After turning on your Roku, navigate to the home screen with the Roku remote. By pressing the “home” button, you can do so.
- Go to “settings” from the Home screen, and then to “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.” Choose an option from the list.
- When you select the AirPlay option, you will be prompted to enter the required code. In the require code, select “First time only.”
ON IPHONE VIA SCREEN MIRRORING
- Make sure your Roku and iPhone are both connected to the same WIFI network.
- Navigate to the iTunes store and download the YouTube Kids app.
- Swipe down on your iPhone’s control center to enable screen mirroring. Tap on the screen mirroring option when it appears.
- You will be given a code on your Roku TV, which you must enter correctly in order to connect your iPhone.
- All you have to do now is launch the app and start watching Roku shows.
CAST YOUTUBE KIDS VIA PC
You can easily cast YouTube Kids to Roku using a PC. Follow the steps outlined below to access YouTube Kids on your PC (windows 10).
- Initially, you must pair your Smart TV with Roku by using an HDMI port on the back of your TV.
- Connect your PC and Smart TV with Roku to a high-speed internet connection.
- Then, in your PC’s web store, search for the YouTube Kids app in the search field.
- Begin by installing the YouTube Kids app on your PC and unfolding it, then press the Windows + P keys.
- After pressing the key combination, your PC will display the connect to wireless display menu.
- Then, on the PC’s scan list, select your Smart TV with the Roku name and merge them.
- At the end, you can watch YouTube Kids with the help of your PC.
- Pre-setup to get connect PC with Roku device.
Alternative Video: YouTube Kids on Roku: How to Use and Run It?
WATCH YOUTUBE KIDS ON ROKU USING THE YOUTUBE APP
The majority of the content on YouTube Kids is accessible directly through the YouTube app, which can be downloaded directly from Roku.
You can always enable parental controls in the app and hide sensitive content to make YouTube more kid-friendly. Let’s see how to easily enable parental controls on YouTube on your Roku device.
Go to “Streaming Channels” on your Roku device by pressing the home button on your remote.
- Among the various options, look for a YouTube app.
- Navigate to “Add Channel” after selecting YouTube.
- roku add channels to mVFYN
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- When the confirmation message appears, click “OK” to proceed.
You have now successfully installed the YouTube app on your Roku device. Continue with the steps required to enable parental mode on YouTube and remove sensitive content to make the platform kid-friendly.
- You can navigate the left side panel and select the menu options once you’re inside the YouTube app.
- Select “Settings” to access the various options and toggles available on YouTube.
- Navigate to the “Autoplay” option in Settings and turn it off.
- After that, select “Restricted Mode” and enable it.
- After restarting the YouTube app, you can only access non-sensitive content found on the YouTube Kids app.
Enabling the Restricted mode on YouTube allows you to easily filter out the extra content and make it accessible to children. This effectively serves the YouTube Kids app’s purpose and is one of the best ways to enjoy YouTube Kids on Roku.
Despite the fact that this app is intended for children, it provides extensive parental control. You can secure its utility by limiting its daily usage. You can also block specific channels that you believe are inappropriate for your child.
Aside from that, you can create up to eight accounts for specific channels. You can now watch YouTube Kids on Roku by following these simple steps. And take advantage of all of its distinct features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get YouTube Kids on Roku?
There is currently no YouTube Kids app available on the Roku streaming device. As a result, you can read our article to learn about other options.
What age are YouTube Kids for?
The YouTube Kids app is designed for children aged 3 to 8 years. Then YouTube Kids is a viable option for viewing any non-sensitive online content.
Can I put parental control on the YouTube app?
Yes, you can use the restricted mode to add parental controls to your YouTube app. To learn more, read the above-mentioned article YouTube Kids on Roku.