You know there are hundreds of channels available because you’ve scrolled through the programming guide at least three dozen times, but there’s nothing to watch. You’ve memorized every infomercial on television, and there are only so many “Gilligan’s Island” and “I Love Lucy” reruns you can take.
However, before smoke pours from your remote’s buttons, give it a rest and access the thousands of additional movies, shows, and other on-demand programming that are available when your DVR is actively connected to the Internet.
If you are in trouble and wondering how to connect DirecTV to wi-fi you’ve come to the right place. I compiled important information to solve this issue.
WHAT IS DIRETCTV?
DirecTV uses satellite technology to provide its customers with a digital television experience. For many years, it has been ranked as one of the world’s largest providers of digital entertainment. The service provides both satellite and streaming television.
DirecTV allows you to watch everything on your big screen, including entertainment, local news, weather reports, and much more.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
You can also access your account and watch whatever you want by downloading the DirecTV mobile app to your laptop, phone, or tablet. By connecting your smart TV to the internet, you can enjoy additional benefits at any time and from any location.
DO YOU NEED TO CONNECT YOUR DIRECTV TO THE INTERNET?
It may seem unnecessary to some, but considering all the good things you might miss, it’s critical to connect to the internet. As long as you have an internet connection, it won’t hurt to connect the Directv.
That being said, you may need to learn a few steps to connect your Directv wirelessly to the router. Because many people do not use their Directv with internet, they may be unaware of how to connect it to the internet router.
WHAT IS THE DIRECTV CONNECTION KIT?
The DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit (CCK) is a piece of equipment that connects your DIRECTV to the internet.
It is available in both wired and wireless configurations, but the wireless one is referred to as CCK, while the wired one is referred to as DECA BB (Directv Ethernet Coax Adapter-Broadband). So, in this case, we’ll be dealing with the Wireless Cinema Connection Kit.
You can get DIRECTV CINEMAplus service and other DIRECTV broadband services with the Wireless DIRECTV CINEMA Connection Kit.
You won’t have to worry about any major wiring running through your home because it will connect your wireless router to your DIRECTV receiver.
Install a broadband or receiver DECA in your router and receiver (if you don’t already have one) to connect the receiver to the internet before connecting the Wireless Cinema Connection kit.
Alternative Video: How To Connect DirecTV to Wi-Fi?
- YouTube TV Freezing: How To Fix In Seconds? (7 Best Ways)
- YouTube Is Not Working on Roku Read More
- How to Use Zoom Meetings on Roku TV? (4 Easy Ways)
- How to Watch NBCSN Network On DirecTV?
DIRECTV MODELS THAT SUPPORT WIRELESS CONNECTION
Only three models – Genie HR44, Genie HR54, and Genie H44 – include a wireless connection. You must have these models; otherwise, you will need a Cinema Connection Kit to connect it to the internet.
CONNECTING DIRECTV TO WI-FI USING WIRELESS CONNECTION
You can begin the procedure once you have confirmed that you have one of the above models. Make certain that all network-related settings are set to default.
- Resetting your network settings is as simple as turning on your DIRECTV and going to the Internet Setup section under settings.
- When you do this, a message will appear on the screen asking you to reconnect to the internet. You will require broadband internet access as well as a wireless network router.
- Now, to access Advanced Setup, click on the Advanced Setup option. Now, press the Reset Network Button to select Reset Setup.
- A notification bar will appear informing you that the process will take several minutes and may disrupt any recordings or television sessions.
- You can either continue with the setup by pressing the DASH icon (-), or you can cancel it by pressing the back button.
- Allow some time for the process to complete. When the process is finished, go to MENU> Internet Setup> Reconnect Internet.
- After selecting the Reconnect Internet option, you will be taken to a page where you will be asked if your internet connection is operational; select yes.
- You will now be asked about the changes you made to your router’s wireless network settings. In that case, update by clicking Configure Wireless.
- If you do not have a wireless router, proceed to the next step. The Configure Wireless option can be found in the lower right corner of your screen; click on it, and your device will begin searching for wireless networks.
- You will then be shown a list of all the available networks in that area. Select your wireless network from the list, enter your password, and the system will begin the verification process.
- Your DIRECTV will be connected to the internet once the process is completed. All that remains is for you to click the Done button on the Internet Setup Complete Screen. The configuration process is now complete, and you can begin watching your favorite shows.
CONNECTING DIRECTV TO WI-FI USING A HARDWIRED CONNECTION
If you don’t have a wireless connection and want to set up DirecTV over a hardwire connection, follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the internet cable to the receiver and the other end to your modem.
- You will need to wait a few minutes before you see the message – Congratulations, you are now connected to the internet.
- If the connection does not establish and you do not receive the message, it is recommended that you reset the network settings by going to Menu > Internet setup > Advanced setup > Wired setup.
- When you select Wired setup, you will be taken to the next screen, where the device will attempt to check the connection status.
- Your DirecTV will get connected to a Hardwired connection.
STEPS TO CONNECT DIRECTV THROUGH BROADBAND DECA
The DirecTV DECA (DirecTV Ethernet over Coaxial Adaptor) is intended to connect your satellite receiver to your home’s internet network.
When you use multi-room viewing configurations in your DirecTV service installation, this type of setup is appropriate. The following steps will guide you through the process of connecting DirecTV to Broadband DECA:
- First, connect the RG-6 coaxial cable from your DirecTV satellite antenna to the “Antenna” port on the side of the DECA adaptor device.
- Next, connect the second coaxial cable to the DECA device’s “Line Out” port and the other end of the cable to the “Antenna” port of your DirecTV satellite receiver.
- Then, connect the Ethernet cable to the “Ethernet” port on the side of the DECA unit and the other end of the cable to the “LAN” port on your home network router.
- Your DirecTV will be linked via the Broadband DECA.
- So, these are the various methods for connecting your DirecTV via WiFi, Cable Connection, and Broadband DECA.
DO YOU NEED THE INTERNET FOR DIRECTV’S GENIE?
AT&T and its super-duper have created the Genie system. The internet, on the other hand, is rife with unverified information that misleads potential users. For example, some people are unsure whether they must connect this device to the internet in order to use it.
This question will elicit a variety of responses from various blogs and individuals. Is internet required for the Directv Genie? Yes, but it is not required because all Directv receivers work perfectly well without being connected to the internet.
This does not include the Genies or any other hardware. It’s a little complicated, but if an AT&T professional installed the equipment, they will attempt to connect it to the internet to ensure you have access to all of the available features.
Another reason is that they are mostly paid after they have completed the installation process, which includes connecting all of the equipment to the internet. You must connect the Directv to the internet in order for AT&T to receive notifications when they believe the system is malfunctioning.
The message is always anonymous and secure, but the company has the option to disable tracking. If the customer service representative receives this message and notices a problem with the connection, they will act quickly.
BENEFITS OF CONNECTING YOUR DIRECTV TO THE INTERNET
When the DVR is connected to the internet, you will get all the below benefits.
- Video on Demand
- Team trackers, weather updates and other apps
- Faster searches
- Enhanced music choice
- Multiple streaming apps
There are numerous advantages to connecting your Directv to the internet. Aside from the fact that some people argue that this is unnecessary, you cannot afford to miss out on all of these benefits, especially if you ordered an AT&T bundle package.
But keep in mind that we’re talking about an internet connection. The devices should be connected if you want to watch something from the DVR in another room of the house. All receivers that use a single-wire multiswitch system are likely to do this automatically. For a long time, this system has been the default installation for Directv.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my directv not connecting to WIFI?
Wireless Troubleshooting: Reset your modem if your receiver is already connected to the internet but you are having problems. In some cases, you must reset the receiver’s settings: Menu>Settings & Help>Settings>Internet Setup>Advanced Setting>Reset Network.
How do I change the wifi on my Direct TV?
On your remote, press MENU. Select Settings > Internet Setup > Connect Now from the menu. Select Reconnect Now if you want to reconnect to the internet. Select Set Up Wireless after the system has checked the connection status.
Can DIRECTV be wireless?
Connect the receiver to the Wireless DIRECTV CINEMA Connection Kit device. On the TV, use the DIRECTV remote control to select Set Up Now. Select Continue after selecting your wireless network from the list. The Security Key (your network password) entry prompt appears.