I’ve been using the Apple TV for a while, and while the video streams flawlessly, there have been a few times when the audio has cut out. I’m trying to create the most practical smart house possible since I’m a smart home nerd.
Apple TV No Sound, I’ve been attempting to make the most of my Apple TV in order to accomplish this aim by getting it to function with HomeKit and utilizing AirPlay to mirror my iPhone onto it. If there is no audio coming from the device, all of this work is useless. I then got to work.
I spent hours reading technical papers and support forums before compiling a thorough article on the subject. Make sure you have the appropriate speaker system selected and that Audio Mode is set to Auto in order to fix your Apple TV’s audio issues.
If not, select Stereo in the menu under Settings > Audio and Video > Audio Format > Change Format > New Format. Additionally, I mentioned restarting your device and looking for updates.
Video: Apple TV No Sound – How to FIX?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT APPLE TV HAS NO SOUND?
The Apple TV is a flexible streaming device that receives updates frequently and has unquestionably improved since its first release.
HOW TO FIX APPLE TV WITH NO SOUND IN SECONDS?
The Apple TV is still susceptible to surround sound audio issues, despite this. The Apple TV occasionally abruptly stops playing audio without warning.
Sometimes, no matter what you do, the audio simply does not function. Yes, there may be instances where your TV’s audio issue or even your external speaker system is at issue.
Your TV’s audio and the external sound system you’re utilizing both have a significant role in this. In the event that it doesn’t, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue in the apple remote.
How to Resolve No Sound on Apple TV Issues:
- Select Menu on your Apple TV remote by taking it.
- Scroll down to Settings in the window box that appears on your screen, then click it.
- Select the Audio and Video option from the options menu.
- You’ll be brought to the Audio and Video options menu at this point. Here, scroll down and choose the Audio Format option.
- Select Change Format, which is the sole viable choice.
- You will now be presented with a window by your Apple TV program, where you should once more choose Change Format.
- You’ll return to the previous window after that. Here, scroll down and click the New Format option. Then, change the setting to Stereo.
- Go to the Audio/Sound settings on your television using the original remote control.
- Decide on Optical for the Audio OUT setting.
- Make that the Digital Sound Out PCM> option is chosen under Optical to sound effect.
ARE YOU STILL UNABLE TO FIX YOUR APPLE TV’S NO-SOUND PROBLEM? TIPS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
You may also try restarting the entire Apple TV streaming system and any audio equipment plugged into the device as further troubleshooting steps.
Examine and secure each HDMI wire connection. Additionally, make sure the Audio Mode is set to Auto (although certain TVs may require 16-bit), and that you have chosen the appropriate speakers in the Apple TV menu’s Audio return channel issue and Video settings option.
Additionally, it’s usually preferable to utilize the most recent Apple TV application; therefore, if you haven’t already, upgrade your system.
Below is a full explanation of how each of these troubleshooting techniques can be applied:
1. System restart for Apple TV:
You should occasionally restart your Apple TV system, in my opinion. Rebooting your computer is a good approach to solve certain small technical problems that occasionally may arise, especially if the video you’re air-playing lacks sound.
This is due to the RAM being emptied when your Apple TV reboots, which prevents your RAM from becoming overly congested.
Rebooting also guarantees that every application running on your Apple TV system ends, giving your machine a clean slate. If you’re lucky, all this problem needs is a reboot to be resolved.
Hold down the Menu and TV buttons on your Apple TV remote for approximately six seconds to reboot it.
When the sleep dialog appears, ignore it. After the power is turned off, you’ll see that the LED in the Apple TV device begins to blink. That means the computer is rebooting. Check out this page if you had trouble connecting to the audio device.
2. Restarting the Apple TV system’s linked hardware
Sometimes the external sound issue system connected to your Apple TV cause audio issues.
Your Apple TV might not be at blame. Therefore, we advise you to turn off and disconnect any external audio hardware systems linked to your Apple TV, wait for at least 30 to 60 seconds before turning them back on, and then reconnect them.
Examine and secure each HDMI cable connection:
Minor connectivity faults might frequently also result in audio problems. You should make sure that all of the HDMI cable connections, for example, to your HomeKit soundbar or television audio system, are secure and working properly for tv shows.
3. Ensuring that your Apple TV system is connected to the appropriate sound equipment
Make sure your Apple TV recognizes the proper speaker system as its Audio Output so that you may use it. These are some procedures that are crucial yet are frequently ignored by users. Let’s go over how to do it step-by-step:
- Your Apple TV remote’s Menu button should be pressed.
- Scroll down and choose Settings from the menu that displays on the screen (click here if your main menu is empty).
- Opens the Settings menu. Select the Audio and Video option by swiping down.
- Select Audio Output from the new menu that appears on the screen, then choose the appropriate sound system on your Samsung tv.
4. For updates, check:
Your Apple TV’s system software is improved and optimized with updates. It is a good idea to upgrade your system as soon as a new update is released because your system gets better and better with each update.
The most current updates frequently address the majority of the user’s problems. To check for an update on your Apple TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on your Apple TV remote while using it.
- Click Settings from the menu window’s drop-down menu.
- Select Update Software by clicking on Software Updates.
- If there are any updates available, a dialog box appears on your screen. To begin the update procedure, choose Download and Install. While the Apple TV is being updated, be patient and don’t turn it off.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream On Apple TV? (Solved) [7 Steps]
It turns out that audio problems with the Apple TV are a quite regular occurrence. Its troubleshooting techniques are likewise reasonably simple and quick.
I’m hoping the knowledge in this article has assisted you in resolving the numerous audio problems you encountered. I would advise you to get in touch with an authorized service center for the same if you continue to have the same issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get audio on Apple TV?
Apple TV accepts a variety of audio formats. Turn on Change Format under Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format. From here, you have the following options: 5.1 Dolby Digital plays sound across several speakers, including a subwoofer, similar to a 5.1 speaker configuration.
Why do I suddenly have no sound on my TV?
Verify that the TV’s audio is not muted. Make sure the TV is not connected to any headphones. Tune the analog broadcast and look for noise if analog broadcasts are available. If there is noise, the TV is producing sound.
Why is the volume button on my Apple TV remote not working?
If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote doesn’t automatically adjust the volume, you can manually set it up as follows: Navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control on your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD.
Can you reset Apple TV Remote?
While simultaneously holding down the Volume Down button, press the TV/Control Center button. Hold the buttons down for approximately 5 seconds, or until the Apple TV’s status light alternately turns on and off. Wait five to ten seconds after releasing the buttons. Your TV screen will display a notification that a connection has been lost.
How do I control the volume with my Apple TV Remote?
To adjust the volume of your TV or receiver on Apple TV, use the Siri Remote. Select Auto under Remotes and Devices > Volume Control. Note: Not all devices may be compatible with these settings.