I’ve been using Verizon FiOS TV One for a while now and am very pleased with my entertainment package. With Netflix and YouTube in addition to all of the channels on my plan, the clean, compact little box has met my entertainment needs.
Even when my family, who are long-time Xfinity X1 users, come to visit, they manage to use it intuitively despite their lack of technological knowledge. However, when I first set it up, the Verizon FiOS Remote was not controlling the volume of my TV. My TV had been set to a very high volume, so I had to adjust it.
It wasn’t a simple problem to solve, like when my FiOS Wi-Fi Unit’s battery wouldn’t stop beeping, but going through all of the available resources took a significant amount of time and effort. Because the instructions were not specific to my situation, I decided to write my own article to assist others in my situation.
Troubleshooting: Issues on Program FiOS Remote To TV Volume
|The FiOS remote does not control the TV volume.||Make sure that the TV is turned on and that the FiOS remote is in pairing mode. You can enter pairing mode by pressing and holding the OK and FiOS TV buttons on the remote for 5 seconds. Once the remote is in pairing mode, the red light will blink twice.|
|The FiOS remote controls the TV volume, but the volume buttons do not work.||Make sure that the correct TV code is programmed into the remote. You can find the TV code for your TV by searching online or by contacting Verizon customer support.|
|The FiOS remote controls the TV volume, but the volume is not changing.||Make sure that the TV volume is not muted. You can check this by pressing the MUTE button on the remote. If the TV is muted, the red light on the remote will blink twice.|
|The FiOS remote controls the TV volume, but the volume is too low or too high.||You can adjust the TV volume by pressing the UP and DOWN volume buttons on the remote.|
|The FiOS remote does not control the TV volume at all.||Try resetting the FiOS remote to factory settings. You can do this by pressing and holding the POWER and MUTE buttons on the remote for 10 seconds. Once the remote is reset, the red light will blink twice.|
HOW TO PROGRAM VERIZON FIOS REMOTEtO TV VOLUME?
Press the “0” and “Play/Pause” buttons on the FiOS TV Voice Remote (“0” and “OK” on the P265 and P283 remotes), then enter the three-digit code from your TV’s manufacturer. I’ve also discussed controlling your TV with the Set-Top Box, as well as resetting the remote control to factory settings if you run into problems.
PROGRAMMING THE FIOS TV VOICE REMOTE TO CONTROL THE FIOS TV ONE
My TV watching experience has been greatly improved by the FiOS TV Voice Remote. Because it connects to the TV via Bluetooth rather than IR like most other remotes, there is no need to awkwardly point the TV remotely, allowing me to do things like mute or turn off the TV when I leave the room.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
It has a variety of voice commands, but most importantly, the sensitive microphone embedded inside the remote has been a godsend for me because it captures commands I give it even while eating. Talk about ease of use.
This device was created specifically for Verizon’s Fios TV One service. These simple steps can be used to program the remote to control the FiOS TV One:
- While pointing the remote at the TV, press and hold the “0” and “Play/Pause” buttons at the same time.
- When a blue light appears on the remote, release both buttons.
- When the light goes out, your Fios TV Voice Remote is connected and ready to use.
After you’ve done this, your TV should be automatically detected and controlled by your remote. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Automatic Setup to accomplish this.
- When you’re done, you’ll get a notification that says “Success!
- In the upper right corner of the television screen. If this does not work, you must select the Manual Setup option rather than the Automatic Setup option.
- Then, choose your TV brand and proceed as directed. When you’re done, you’ll get a notification that says “Success! ” in the upper-right corner of your television screen.
PROGRAMMING THE VERIZON P265 TO CONTROL YOUR TV
Even if you have an older remote and are having this issue, the procedure for programming the remote to control your TV volume is very similar.
All you need to do is start the pairing process and enter the appropriate FiOS Remote Code. Here’s a more detailed explanation of the procedure:
- Find your TV’s remote code in the list of Remote control codes for Verizon P265, which is available in the remote user manual, a link to which is provided below.
- Turn on your TV and FiOS STB.
- You must simultaneously press the “OK” and “0” buttons. The red LED light blinks twice and then remains illuminated.
- Enter the TV-specific code you discovered in the user manual. When you do this, the red light on the remote will blink twice before remaining illuminated.
- Continue to press the “Ch+” button until the TV turns off.
- Check to see if your remote is working properly. To accomplish this, turn on the television, adjust the volume, and press the Mute and A/V buttons.
- If the keys listed above do not work, continue to hold the specific key. As soon as it works, it will be released.
- If all of the keys work properly, press “OK” to continue. The red light blinks three times before turning off. Your remote has now been programmed successfully.
Listed below are the Verizon 265 Remote Control Codes for some Major TV Brands:
- LG – 210
- Philips – 285
- Samsung – 331
- Toshiba – 397
- Sony – 352
For the full list of codes, please refer to the User Manual of the Verizon P265 Remote.
Alternative Video: Program FiOS Remote To TV Volume
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How Do I Stop Verizon Fios Battery Beeping? (Easy Solutions)
- How To Pay Verizon Bill Online? (Step-By-Step Easy Guide)
- How To Return Verizon Equipment? See More
PROGRAMMING THE VERIZON P283 TO CONTROL YOUR TV
The Verizon P283 remote, like the Verizon P265 remote, is simple to program to control your TV. Here’s how you can do it:
- Turn on your TV and the FiOS Set-Top Box.
- The code for your TV brand can be found in the User Manual, which is linked below.
- Enter the TV-specific code you discovered in the user manual. Now, press both the “OK” and “!” buttons. ” Put the keys together. The red light on the remote control will blink twice before remaining illuminated.
- Enter the TV code for your TV that you discovered by following the preceding steps. The red light on the remote will blink twice before remaining illuminated.
- Continue to press the “Ch+” button until the TV turns off.
- Check to see if your remote is working properly. To accomplish this, turn on the television, adjust the volume, and press the Mute and A/V buttons. As soon as it works, it will be released.
- If none of the above keys work, press and hold the specific key. As soon as it starts working, release it. If all of the keys work properly, press “OK” to continue. The red light blinks three times before turning off. Your remote has now been programmed successfully.
Here are the Verizon 283 Remote Control Codes for some Major TV Brands:
- Sony – 352
- Philips – 285
- Samsung – 331
- JVC – 193
- Haier – 146
For the full list of codes, please refer to the User Manual of the Verizon P283 Remote.
CONTROL THE TV VOLUME THROUGH THE FIOS SET-TOP BOX
You can easily control the volume of your TV through your Set-Top Box (STB) with your Verizon remote by following the steps below:
- Press the “OK” and “2” buttons at the same time. Release the buttons. The red light on the remote will blink twice and then remain illuminated.
- Press the 9-5-5 buttons (in this order). This causes the red light to blink twice before remaining illuminated.
- On your remote, press the “STB-Power” button. This will cause the red light to blink three times before turning off the device.
The Set-Top Box will now be able to adjust the volume of your TV. This will be a convenient option for you if your television adjusts volume with odd calibration, leading to not much control over the audio’s loudness.
The steps are the same for all the Verizon remotes that we have seen in this article.
RESET THE REMOTE CONTROL TO THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS
If the remote isn’t responding well, or if you’re experiencing other issues, such as the remote not changing channels, it’s a good idea to Reset your FiOS Remote to factory settings.
These are the steps you must take:
- Press the “OK” and “FiOS TV” buttons at the same time. Let go of both buttons, and the red light on the remote will blink twice and remain illuminated.
- Every second, press and release the “Play/Pause” button.
- Continue doing so until the remote finds the correct code, at which point your TV will turn off automatically. Stop pressing the button after that.
Your remote control has now been reset to its default settings. You can use the same steps regardless of which model of remote you have.
CONCLUSION on FiOS Remote To TV Volume
You’ll now be able to diagnose what’s wrong with your Verizon FiOS remote and solve the problem step by step. While the troubleshooting tips are straightforward, there are times when nothing can be done to save the remote.
I recommend Verizon Protect Home, their 24/7 customer support service that replaces Tech Support Pro and handles repairs and replacements.
If you want to switch services, you can easily return your FiOS equipment. Speaking of premium features, if you have the FiOS Voice Remote, I strongly advise you to use the voice commands feature to enjoy a more hands-free, convenient TV watching experience.
FAQs on FiOS Remote To TV Volume
|How do I program my FiOS remote to control my TV volume?||There are two ways to do this: 1. You can use the automatic setup feature. To do this, turn on your TV and Fios Set-top box. Press Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Automatic Setup. When the setup is complete, you’ll see a Success message in the top right of the TV screen. 2. You can manually enter your TV’s brand and model. To do this, press Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. Select your TV’s brand and model and follow the provided steps. A Success message will display in the top right of the TV screen when the setup completes.|
|Can I use my Fios remote to control my TV volume?||Yes, you can use your Fios remote to control your TV volume. Once you’ve programmed your remote to your TV, you can use the volume up/down buttons to adjust the volume. You can also use the mute button to mute the TV.|
|How do I get my Fios remote to control my TV?||To get your Fios remote to control your TV, you need to program it to your TV. You can do this using the automatic setup feature or manually entering your TV’s brand and model. Once you’ve programmed your remote, you can use it to control the volume, mute the TV, and turn the TV on and off.|
How do I replace my Verizon Fios Remote Control?
You can use another remote from another TV or purchase a new replacement remote to replace your current Verizon Fios Remote Control. Once you have the replacement remote, go to menu> Customer Support > Top Support Tool > Replace Fios Remote and follow the instructions on the screen to start using it.
Can I use a universal remote to control my Verizon Fios service?
Yes, any universal remote that can be programmed for older Verizon set-top boxes can be programmed for Verizon Fios. However, because these remotes typically operate on IR (infrared) or RF (radio frequency), you will need a clear line of sight to use them.
How much is a new Fios remote?
On Verizon’s official website, the Fios TV Voice Remote costs $24.99, while the Fios Big Button Remote Control and the Fios Remote Control – 2 Device both cost $14.99. While you may be able to find these remotes at a lower price on other third-party websites such as eBay, this is not recommended because they are not certified by Verizon and thus Verizon cannot vouch for their quality or legitimacy.
I am passionate about networking internet technology and connecting the world. I believe that we can make a difference by providing unique solutions that are reliable and easy to use. I am constantly innovating and expanding our reach to new markets. Our goal is to provide global access to affordable, high-quality internet connectivity. Join us in our mission to connect the world!