AT&T U-Verse has been around since 2006 as a triple-play TV service that provided subscribers with Live TV, on-demand content and DVR recordings, as well as internet and phone services. While AT&T’s DIRECTV is changing the TV landscape, U-verse remains a viable and convenient option in 48 states across the United States.
Furthermore, I renewed my U-verse subscription for the eleventh time last year due to its cross-platform compatibility and feature-rich app. I enjoy taking my content library with me on the road, and a little Live TV never hurts.
Despite having an Amazon Fire TV on my Home TV and primarily driving iOS devices on a daily basis, U-verse unifies all of my entertainment and telephony needs under one roof.
Furthermore, there is still an active community forum contributing to internet fixes and knowledge articles, and newer devices and TVs have extended support to run U-Verse. The ATT U-verse App on Smart TV lets you use your active U-verse subscriptions to view on-demand content, Live TV, Pay Per View media, and manage a DVR library directly from your TV.
Using the app, you can map your phone to act as a TV remote and find screen casting options. Furthermore, the U-verse app is compatible with a variety of platforms, and the setup is simple, so no technical knowledge is required.
Whether you have an Android or iOS device or simply want to make the most of your U-verse service with your awesome Samsung Smart TV, keep reading to find out everything you need to know.
WHAT IS THE ATT U-VERSE APP ON SMART TV?
The AT&T U-Verse app simplifies your life. It combines three AT&T network offerings, including internet, IPTV, and phone service, into a single subscription.
If managing multiple network subscriptions and keeping track of multiple due dates seems overwhelming, U-verse streamlines the process.
So, with a single U-Verse subscription, you can access the best of AT&T’s offerings, and the app makes it easy to manage everything under one roof. You no longer need receiver boxes to watch U-Verse TV (formerly known as IPTV).
The same cable network connects you to the internet via coaxial and fiber optic cables. Also, keep in mind that the U-verse service differs from the DIRECTV service, even though both are operated by AT&T.
AT&T U-Verse Smart TV Application is simply amazing in terms of stability and compatibility, and you will be able to have the best possible experience with them.
You should know that it is compatible with all Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Sticks, and Fire TV boxes that are 2nd generation or higher, and you should have no trouble finding them on Amazon.
The AT&T U-Verse application is fully compatible with Android as well, and if it is above Android 8.0, it is recommended to be used with the application to ensure that there are no problems.
You can also enjoy it on other platforms such as Apple TV above 4th generation and Safari browser. The best part is that you also get web applications that will work with your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other browsers.
The most exciting aspect is that you can also enjoy the AT&T U-Verse application on Roku, and the AT&T U-Verse application is perfectly compatible with a variety of Roku models.
- How To Fix Netflix Not Working On Vizio TV? (7 Easy Ways)
- Click Here: How To Fix Vizio TV AirPlay Not Working? (5 Solutions)
- Verizon Fios TV No Signal: How To Troubleshoot? (5 Easy Methods)
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE AT&T U-VERSE APP
The AT&T U-Verse app caters to a wide range of consumer needs. It eliminates your TV’s reliance on wired power lines and wireless receivers and stacks numerous features vertically on a standard TV subscription.
The most important feature could be its compatibility with various platforms –
- The U-verse app is not restricted to any particular streaming platform or operating system. So, for example, you can use it with Amazon Fire TV models 2 and up.
- The app is compatible with Android 8.0 and higher operating systems. You can get it from the Google Play store. Similarly, the U-Verse app is compatible with any fourth-generation or higher Apple TV.
- The U-verse app is also compatible with a variety of Roku models.
- It is also available as a web app that can be accessed through popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Aside from tight compatibility with the majority of modern and popular platforms, the U-verse app also includes some unique features that are popular with users –
- Stream live TV channels from your subscribed channels using the Live TV service.
- On-demand shows and movies are available at your fingertips, with the ability to pause, play, and watch at your leisure.
- Curate your watchlist by selecting from a variety of channel and content options.
- U-verse apps make informed recommendations based on your viewing habits and genre preferences.
- The app also allows you to set up and manage DVR recordings.
- You can program your phone to function as the U-verse remote control.
WHICH PLATFORMS SUPPORT THE AT&T U-VERSE APP?
The U-verse app packs full compatibility with various platforms, making it viable for different operating systems and smart TVs.
Here is a list of the platforms that are supported –
- Amazon Fire TV set-top boxes
- Android phones and tablets (4.4 and up)
- Android Wearables that run the Android Wear OS
- iOS (9.3 and later) devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
So, downloading and installing the U-Verse app is simple because it is available on the Play Store, Apple Store, and Amazon Store.
Aside from the aforementioned devices, the app is also compatible with a variety of Roku models and Samsung TVs. Continue reading to learn more about configuring AT&T U-Verse on various devices.
HOW TO USE AT&T UVERSE ON FIRE TV?
You’re in luck if you have an Amazon Fire TV and an AT&T U-verse subscription. A native app for U-verse is available for download from the Amazon app store.
While the app is free, viewing content requires a U-verse subscription. Here are the steps for configuring U-verse on your Amazon Fire TV –
- Launch the Amazon Shopping app on your Fire TV.
- Look for and install ‘U-verse.’
- To access your account, enter your Member ID and password.
You will have access to over 103 channels at home and approximately 60 while traveling. If any subscribed channels are missing, consider reconfiguring your routers and access points to the U-verse gateway so that the U-verse U200 service can recognize your Fire TV.
HOW TO USE THE AT&T UVERSE APP ON SAMSUNG TV?
Samsung TV models released in 2017 and later support AT&T U-verse natively. The app can be run in two ways: directly on the Smart TV or via Apple Airplay (as discussed in the following section).
Before we begin, keep in mind that you must first create an AT&T TV account by visiting their website via a web browser or phone and signing up for free. Once your AT&T TV account is activated, follow these steps to use the U-verse app on a Samsung Smart TV –
- Navigate to your Smart TV’s Home Screen.
- Search for “AT&T TV” in the app store.
- To install the app, drag it to your home screen.
- Log in to the app with your new AT&T TV credentials.
Finally, you’re ready to watch AT&T TV on your Samsung Smart TV.
HOW TO USE THE AT&T UVERSE APP ON SAMSUNG TV USING AIRPLAY?
Apple Airplay allows us to wirelessly cast content such as music and videos from our iPhones, iPads, and Macs to computers and Smart TVs. From their 2018 models, Samsung Smart TVs added Airplay support.
You’ll need your AT&T TV user credentials to get started. Here are the steps to watch AT&T TV on your Apple devices:
- Get the AT&T U-verse iOS app for your device from the app store.
- Install it and sign in using your AT&T TV login information.
- Join the same Wi-Fi network as your Samsung Smart TV and your iOS device.
- Use the AT&T U-verse app on your iOS device to access content.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the screen and then the Samsung Smart TV from the list of available devices.
- The app now broadcasts the same content to the television.
If you have a compatible Samsung TV model and are still unable to find the AirPlay option, you may need to update the firmware on your TV. Consider updating it to the most recent version and giving it another shot.
While DIRECTV from AT&T is a strong competitor to U-verse, it is still a viable and affordable option for viewing content and recording shows on DVR.
You can manage your recordings remotely across devices by using the U-verse app. Parental and viewing controls over TV content and on-demand or pay-per-view shows are also available with U-verse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a U-verse app for Smart TV?
The U-verse App allows you to take your U-verse experience with you wherever you go. Watch live TV and on-demand programming, manage your DVR, and use the app as a remote control.
Is it possible to watch ATT U-verse on my Smart TV?
Streaming via ‘apps’ or applications is possible on your “smart” TV. Those apps will need to be downloaded (or may come pre-installed) on your smart TV. You’ll use your internet connection to access those apps. Check your TV’s owner’s manual for instructions on how to connect to the internet.
How do I connect my Smart TV to ATT U-verse?
To power your AT&T U-verse receiver, plug it into the wall. Turn on the television. Select INPUT, TV/Video, or SOURCE on your TV’s remote control (not your AT&T U-verse TV remote control) to change your TV to the corresponding input. To change the input, consult your TV’s owner’s manual.
How do I get AT&T on my Smart TV?
To access the Samsung Smart Hub, press the Home button. In the Search box, type DIRECTV STREAM. Select DIRECTV STREAM, then click Install. To open the app, select it.