Wifi connections have given us the ability to work and communicate while on the go. Regardless, we’ve all experienced the horrors of ‘no wifi’ errors. It is impossible to predict when devices will run out of wi-fi signals or when the wi-fi connection will fail.
Regardless, many tablet users are hesitant to rely on other internet connections because they don’t know how to get internet on the tablet without wifi.
Because of the uncertainty that comes with every wi-fi connection, several internet options have emerged—after all, necessity IS the mother of invention. This means that tablets, like all other devices, can function without a Wi-Fi connection.
If you, like us, are eager to explore the various internet options, keep reading to the end to learn how to keep tablets connected to the online world even when there is no wifi connection.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
How To Get Internet On The Tablet Without Wifi
Tablets, like most smart products, include an in-built wi fi feature that allows users to quickly connect to local wi fi networks. Furthermore, the most recent tablet models are LTE-compatible, allowing you to connect your tablet to any mobile network.
Connecting tablets to wifi or LTE is simple, but one must learn and understand the various settings built into each tablet model.
You can easily navigate the various connection settings and connect your tablet to wifi or an LTE connection by following the steps below:
Tablets powered by Android
If you want to connect your Nexus, Galaxy, or Xperia tablet to WiFi, you should do the following:
- Select ‘Apps’ and then ‘Settings’ from the home screen.
- Select the ‘wi-fi settings’ option in the ‘Wireless & Network’ option to enable the wi-fi feature.
- Select the desired network from the list of available networks and enter the necessary information.
Connection to LTE
If you want to connect the devices listed above to an LTE network, you must do the following:
- Insert and install a SIM card (if required).
- Follow the user guide provided by the manufacturer and perform any additional installation procedures.
- When the system is ready, open the ‘Apps’ feature and select ‘Settings.’
- To enable the ‘Mobile Network’ feature, select the ‘Wireless & Network’ option.
- Select a carrier and follow their instructions to connect the tablet to an appropriate data plan.
If you want to connect your iPad to a wifi network, you should do the following:
- Click the ‘Settings’ button and select ‘Wi-Fi.’
- Once the wi-fi feature is enabled, you should select the desired network connection and enter the necessary information.
- When you click ‘Join,’ your iPad will gain instant access to the wifi network.
Connection to LTE
To connect an iPad to an LTE network, you must first insert a SIM card. To install the sim card, you must first remove the sim card tray. This can be done with a SIM eject tool or by inserting a paperclip into the tiny hole on the backside.
Take out the SIM card tray, insert the SIM card, and then replace it in the device. After that, turn on the tablet and go to the ‘Settings’ menu to enable cellular data. The rest of the procedure will be quick and simple, and you will just need to follow the instructions.
Tablets running Windows 8
If you want to connect your Windows 8 tablet (such as the Surface or Surface Pro) to the internet, you should do the following: Select the ‘Wireless Network’ option from the ‘Settings’ menu. Click on your preferred network connection, enter the necessary information, and then press the ‘Connect’ button.
Connection to LTE
- If you want to connect these devices to mobile internet, you must first insert a SIM card. A SIM card tray is located on the left side of the Surface tab; gently press it to release it.
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM tray and push it in.
- Turn on the tablet and select ‘Settings’ > ‘Mobile Broadband.’
- Choose your carrier service and press the ‘Connect’ button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the tablet to a suitable data plan.
CAN A TABLET BE USED IN THE ABSENCE OF WIFI?
Tablets can be used without a wireless connection. This section will look at some of the most popular tablet-friendly alternatives and discuss their benefits and drawbacks.
The following are some options for accessing the internet, particularly if your tablet lacks a wifi connection:
Dongles are one of the simplest ways to connect to the internet on your tablet. A dongle can quickly provide internet access to a tablet that does not have a wifi connection. Keep in mind, however, that tablets such as the iPad are not compatible with dongles.
Dongles on your tablet do not require any additional software or programs because they are simple to use.
Connecting the tablet to a USB Dongle is as simple as inserting an Ethernet cable into the dongle and inserting it into the tablet’s USB port Type C or Micro USB charging port. USB dongles only connect one device to the internet.
Things will be easier for you if you plan to use a mobile wi fi dongle. Mobile WiFi dongles (MiFi) can be connected to any tablet without the use of a USB cable. Remember that a 3G or 4G internet dongle will outperform a 2G dongle.
- Dongles provide a safe and dependable internet connection.
- Dongles can quickly connect to a tablet.
- These intelligent devices are widely available in stores and can even be purchased on Amazon or eBay.
- Dongles are easier to use and more convenient to transport.
- Dongles’ fluctuating internet speeds have rendered them unsuitable for downloading large files and live streaming.
Tablets with 3G or 4G connectivity
There are now 3G and 4G tablets with built-in SIM card slots on the market. These tablets, like other tablets, work with wi-fi connections and can connect to mobile internet if you don’t have wifi.
Keep in mind that this extra feature raises the price of these tablets. However, you can save money by adding your regular mobile SIM card to the tab instead of purchasing a new SIM.
Fitting your phone’s nano-SIM card into an older tablet’s micro-SIM slot may be difficult. Aside from that, you can buy a separate SIM card with a mobile internet subscription and use it with tablets.
Installing the SIM card on these tablets is a simple process. Simply insert a SIM CARD into it, and your tablet will be able to connect to the internet in no time.
Keep in mind that mobile data packages provide limited internet data and have speed limitations. To be safe, keep a close eye on your data usage to ensure that you do not exhaust your internet package subscription.
Another advantage of these tablets is that they do not require the use of cables or other accessories to connect to the internet.
- For mobile internet access, these tablets do not require cables or complicated software.
- Because mobile internet has a wider signal range, you can use these tablets anywhere, even in no-wifi zones.
- Tablets that use mobile data have faster and more reliable internet access.
- A SIM card slot is not available on all tablets.
- These tablets are more expensive than regular tablets.
Tethering via Bluetooth
Almost all smart devices include a Bluetooth capability. A Bluetooth connection not only allows you to send and receive files, but it also allows you to share your device’s internet connection with other devices, such as tablets.
It takes very little time to convert your device into an internet center. To begin, turn on your device’s internet connection and Bluetooth (laptop/mobile). Then, enable Bluetooth tethering on your tablet, and it will automatically detect your device’s internet connection.
- Bluetooth tethering is simple to enable and disable with a few mouse clicks.
- It can be used to connect multiple devices to the internet at the same time.
- Bluetooth Tethering does not require the installation of any apps or the connection of an ethernet cable.
- Unfortunately, this feature does not provide the fastest internet speed.
A tablet is one of the most useful devices for dealing with today’s technological challenges. Tablets not only look and feel good, but they also allow you to stay connected to the internet even when you don’t have a wi-fi connection. Simply use the above-mentioned alternatives to stay connected with your tablet at all times.
Can a dongle be used on a tablet?
Mobile broadband can be accessed by tethering a smartphone to a small portable USB modem (also known as a dongle or stick), a mobile Wi-Fi (aka MiFi) hotspot, or a mobile Wi-Fi (aka MiFi) hotspot. Some laptops and tablets also include built-in mobile broadband support. USB dongles are only compatible with desktop or laptop computers.
Without Wi-Fi, how can I access the Internet on my tablet?
To connect your tablet to the internet without using Wi-Fi, use a wired dongle to connect to ethernet or an access point. You could also use a SIM card to access mobile data on the device.
How do I connect my tablet to mobile data?
Convert your smartphone into a router. Another option labeled “Portable Hotspot” can be found on the same Connection/Mobile Data Settings screen. If you see this option, select it from the Settings screen, and your phone will be able to share its data connection with other Wi-Fi-capable devices in the same way that a router does.
Can a regular SIM card be used in a tablet?
A standard mobile phone SIM card can be used in other devices such as a tablet, 4G router, mobile broadband dongle, and other smart devices. Prior to 2018, if you wanted to use a mobile broadband SIM card inside a tablet, 4G router, or mobile broadband dongle, you had to purchase a special SIM card.