Cable boxes are used to provide cable to people’s televisions. These devices provide users with high-quality digital channels. Comcast is one of the best companies that sells this.
They have a large selection of TV boxes that are included with their packages. These can be purchased by contacting Xfinity or by going online.
Furthermore, the Comcast TV box includes a remote controller that can be used to control your device from a distance.
This is a very useful item, but some Comcast customers have reported that their remote volume is not working. However, if you have this problem, it can be extremely inconvenient for others. Then here’s how to fix it.
WHY IS MY XFINITY REMOTE VOLUME NOT WORKING?
The first possibility is that your Xfinity remote control has been damaged. It happens quite frequently when people use their remote controls as toys. They hurl them around in rage or simply drop them on the floor.
This will eventually damage the remote’s buttons. So, if your remote no longer works, you should replace it right away. You can get one for a very low price from Amazon.
Another factor contributing to this issue is that the remote is incompatible with the device. For example, if you have an Apple TV connected to your TV, the remote will not function.
The same is true for Roku devices. It will also not work if you connect another media player, such as a Chromecast or Firestick.
HOW TO FIX COMCAST REMOTE VOLUME NOT WORKING?
Access the TV Adapter or TV Box’s main menu. Select Setup. Select Audio Setup. Select Yes for the Set volume to optimal stereo option to automatically adjust the volume to the optimal level for stereo output.
Please keep in mind that if you choose No, your current volume settings will be retained. You can also follow the these troubleshooting ways below:
1. Check Your Batteries
If your batteries aren’t fully charged, some of your remote’s buttons may stop working. Furthermore, because button presses result in IR blasts, and some IR blasts require more juice than others, your batteries may be insufficient to send those signals.
Check the expiry date on your batteries to make sure you’re still within the time frame. If that isn’t the case, it’s possible that your batteries have run out of power. Replace the batteries and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
If your remote has an LED light and it flashes red five times, it means your batteries are low and you need to replace them.
Check for any loose connections between the inserted batteries and the remote. If your volume button is still not working after replacing your batteries, it is possible that something else is wrong.
Alternative Video: Xfinity Remote Reset Volume and Power Not Working
- View: Why Xfinity Remote won’t Change Channels?
- Xfinity Stream Roku Not Working: Read Here
- How to Prevent Comcast Xfinity Throttling The Internet? (3 Fixes)
2. Unpair and Pair Your Remote Again
Follow these steps to unpair your Xfinity remote:
- Hold the Setup button down until the light turns green.
- After that, enter 9-8-1 and wait for the green light to flash twice.
- When this occurs, you’ll know your remote has been unpaired.
If your remote lacks a setup button and instead has buttons in the shape of triangles (A), squares (B), circles (C), and diamonds (D) (D).
- Hold the A and D buttons down until the light turns green.
- Using the same method as before, enter the numbers 9-8-1 in the correct order and wait for the light to blink blue to confirm that your remote has been unpaired.
If you have the XR16 Voice Remote, you can unpair it by following these steps:
Hold down I and Home at the same time until the LED light starts flashing. Then, in the order listed, press the Power button, the Last arrow (), and the Volume down button.
To re-pair your Xfinity remote with the Xfinity box TV, follow these steps:
- Hold down the ‘A’ button on the remote.
- Select Remote Setup from the list of options on the screen.
- Select Yes for the pertinent questions that follow, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Check For Signal Obstructions
Your Wi-Fi signal will not function properly if it is blocked by objects such as walls or any type of furniture. Similarly, if there are any obstructions between the device and the remote, your Xfinity remote will not work.
To avoid such a problem, ensure that the path is clear and that IR signals can reach their destination without being rerouted or encountering any unnecessary obstacles.
4. Reset Your Remote And Xfinity Box
A factory reset on an electronic device is usually sufficient to resolve any internal malfunctions that may exist, as this reboots your device and clears any existing data stored or configured.
Such problems are usually resolved by resetting your Xfinity Remote. If you have an XR15 remote, proceed as follows:
- Hold down the A and D buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds, or until the light changes from red to green.
- Enter these numbers in the following order: 9-8-1
- When the LED light turns blue and flickers three times, the reset is complete.
Else, if your remote is the XR11 model, follow these steps:
- Hold down the setup button till the light turns from red → green.
- Enter the following numbers in order: 9-8-1
- You will know that your remote is reset when the light turns green and flickers twice.
Disconnect the power cord and wait about a minute to reset your Xfinity box. Connect your device now.
5. Physical Damage To Remote
Make certain that any physical damage to your remote is repaired as soon as possible. If you wait too long to repair the damage, it is possible that other hardware defects will develop, necessitating the replacement of your remote.
If there is any damage, such as a broken back cover of the battery compartment, you should be able to get a replacement from your local Comcast Xfinity store.
6. Hardware Defect
You must perform routine checks on your Xfinity remote and set-top box from time to time for any hardware defects that may require your attention. Confirm that your Comcast Xfinity set-top box is receiving timely updates.
If you suspect that the circuit board has been tainted by the spillage of water or another liquid on it, or if the remote has been dropped from great heights, please contact customer service to have your problem resolved.
7. Replace the Remote
Now, if your remote has become too damaged to repair, you’ll have to replace it. You can order new Xfinity remotes from the website or from your local Comcast Xfinity store. The Xfinity website contains instructions for configuring your device based on its model.
8. Contact Support
If none of these methods work for you, you will most likely need to contact customer service. Explain what happened and that you need a technician to come to your house to fix it.
Check the Xfinity official website for contact information and business hours. They also have a live chat assistant with whom you can communicate.
TROUBLESHOOT REMOTE CONTROL
- Remember to point the remote at the TV for at least two to three seconds when using the “All On” button on the remote, as this function sends out each power on/off signal separately.
- Check that there is nothing between the remote and the TV Box receiver that could interfere with the signal. Aim the remote directly at the TV Box’s front panel.
- To reduce the angle between the remote and the TV Box, stand directly in front of the TV and TV Box.
- One at a time, press and release the buttons on the remote.
- To isolate and troubleshoot, use a Comcast remote from another TV Box, if one is available. If another remote is not available, or if the substituted remote still does not work, try changing channels using the buttons on the front panel of the receiver. If the channels do not change, there could be an issue with your TV Box rather than the remote.
- If the channels change, or if you are unable to change them due to a lack of buttons on your TV Box, try programming your Comcast remote.
- Restart the TV Box manually. Unplug it from the electrical outlet, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
So, among the many things that can go wrong with these controllers, these are some of the most frequently asked questions about Xfinity remote, but if the Xfinity remote volume is not working, then the effective fixes shown in this article will get you out of a jam. We hope we were able to answer all of your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my Xfinity remote to work?
If you are having trouble pairing or unpairing the remote, contact the customer service team. They will be able to give you the instructions you require.
What happens when I press the wrong button on the remote?
You could inadvertently press the wrong button on your remote. When this occurs, you should immediately stop pressing the button and remove your hand from the remote. Your device may be damaged if you press the wrong button.
Can I change the channel on my TV without using the remote control?
Yes! Using the remote control, you can easily change channels on your TV. All you have to do is use the remote to select the appropriate channel. For example, if you want to watch channel 4, you would press 4.