You’ve got your Apple TV and your Xfinity Comcast Stream, and you’re ready to kick back and watch your favorite shows live. There is one more thing you must figure out:
Is it possible to watch and cast Xfinity Stream on Apple TV? In a technical sense, the answer is no.
The Xfinity Comcast Stream app is available for iOS and Apple Watch, but it is not yet available in the Apple TV app store. That is only the technical response.
The truth is that there is a workaround, and you can use Xfinity Comcast Stream on Apple TV because all iPhones and iPads have a cool feature called AirPlay. AirPlay will be used to transfer your Xfinity Comcast Stream from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV.
WATCH XFINITY STREAM ON APPLE TV
There is currently no Xfinity Comcast Stream App designed specifically for Apple TV; however, the app is available on iOS for the iPhone and iPad. However, you can no longer use AirPlay to mirror your screen to your Apple TV.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
COMCAST WORKAROUND FOR WATCHING XFINITY COMCAST STREAM ON APPLE TV
The Xfinity Stream App is available for iOS and iPadOS, but not for tvOS. Xfinity also prevents you from mirroring your screen on the Apple TV from the Xfinity Stream app.
While both companies blame each other and neither is willing to budge for the time being, this leaves us with few options as Xfinity subscribers and Apple TV owners. But there are a few more tricks in store for us.
While the Authentication System in place is not publicly visible, if you know the URLs, you can still visit these portals and activate channels on your Xfinity Subscription while using your Apple TV.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS: How to Cast Xfinity Stream On Apple TV?
- Open a web browser and navigate to the official Xfinity website, where you can log in to your account.
- Navigate to the Xfinity Subscription Plan channel on your Apple TV.
- An activation code appears when you try to sign. Make a note of this code.
- If you try to reopen the channel, you’ll see a URL at the top. Change the URL and enter your activation code in the “authenticate?” field. reg code=”. Make sure that all of the letters in the code are capitalized.
- It may take up to 30 seconds to authorize, but once completed, you should be able to continue watching TV as usual.
To watch another channel, you must first authorize it by going through the same steps. While this works for the time being, you may notice that it does not in the future. Please let me know if it does not work for you, and I will come up with another solution.
Alternative Video: How To Fix Xfinity Stream On Apple TV?
SIMILAR POSTS TO READ:
- 5 Best Possible Ways To Cast YouTube Kids on Roku [Complete Guide]
- 8 Best Troubleshooting Ways If YouTube TV Is Not Working
- YouTube Is Not Working on Roku (7 Easy Fixes To Try)
SETTING UP XFINITY COMCAST SCREEN ON TUTOR TV
Connect to a WiFi network.
To use the AirPlay feature, make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same WIFI network as your Apple TV; additionally, connecting to WIFI allows for faster streaming while not using up your cellular data.
INSTALL THE XFINITY COMCAST STREAM APP
- Unfortunately, the app is not available for Apple TV, but once downloaded on your iPhone or iPad, you must install it.
- Login to Your Account
- Sign in to your Xfinity Comcast Stream account once your app has been downloaded and installed.
- Turn on AirPlay Mirroring.
- When your phone or tablet is ready, open AirPlay by swiping down from the top right corner of your screen. This will bring up your control panel.
WATCHING XFINITY COMCAST STREAM ON OTHER APPLE DEVICES
The process of installing Xfinity Comcast Stream on your iPhone or iPad is simple, but there are a few prerequisites. Before you attempt to install the app, make sure your device is running the most recent version of iOS.
1. NAVIGATE TO SETTINGS
Before you even open the Apple App Store, you must first ensure that your Apple device is running iOS 11.0 or later. Simply go to settings and check the status of your system upgrade. If your device isn’t already upgraded to 11.0 or later, do so first.
2. LAUNCH THE APPLE APP STORE.
After ensuring that your iOS is up to date enough to support the Xfinity Stream app, launch the Apple App Store.
3. LOOK UP XFINITY COMCAST STREAM.
After opening the Apple App Store, click the search icon and type ‘Xfinity Stream’ into the search bar. Find the Xfinity Stream App by scrolling through the options.
4. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
Click on the Xfinity Stream app once you’ve found it. Then select Install App. This will download and install the app on your Apple device.
5. OPEN THE APP
Open the Xfinity Stream App after it has been successfully installed and downloaded. Check that your device is connected to either your cellular network or Wi-Fi.
6. SWIPE TO THE RIGHT
After you’ve opened the app, swipe left to right. This will bring up the main menu. Then, under the Live TV option, check the box for All Channels.
7. SELECT THE NETWORK’S LOGO
After you’ve selected All Channels, simply click on the network logo on the left side, and you’re done! The channel you wanted to watch is now available for viewing. Alternatively, you can select the option to watch a program that is currently airing. Then select Watch.
HOW TO WATCH APPLE TV ON XFINITY?
The Apple TV App allows you to watch shows that are part of your Apple TV Plus subscription. While the Apple TV is available on select Samsung, Vivo, LG, Sony, and Vizio Smart TVs, as well as game consoles such as the PS4 and Xbox One.
We hope we answer your question Cast Xfinity Stream On Apple TV?
Also, try this method below.
How to Set Up and Install Xfinity Stream on an Apple TV?
Except for Apple TV, Xfinity Stream is an official app available on the App Store for all Apple devices. It is not available in the Apple TV App Store. So, using Airplay Technology on your iPhone or iPad, we’ll be able to broadcast Xfinity to your Apple TV.
- Step 1: Join the same WiFi network as your iPhone and Apple TV.
- Step 2: Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 3: Look for and install the Xfinity Stream app.
- Step 4: To get the Xfinity stream app, click on install.
- Step 5: Open the app and log in with your Xfinity Stream account information.
- Step 6: Swipe up from your home screen to reveal the control buttons.
- Step 7: Click on Screen Mirroring option.
How to Xfinity Stream on Apple TV?
- Step 9: Choose the Apple TV device from which you’d like to stream Xfinity Stream media.
- Step 10: The screen of your iPhone or iPad will now appear on your Apple TV.
- Step 11: On your iPhone, open the Xfinity Stream app and pick the media file you want to stream.
- Step 12: The selected media file will now be displayed on the television.
How to Sign in to Xfinity Stream?
Xfinity Stream is a subscription-based streaming service that offers Double Pay and Triple Pay options. The price of a subscription varies between $79.99 and $159.99. To access Xfinity Stream content on Apple TV, you must first sign in. You can sign in using any web browser by following the steps below.
- Step 1: From your PC or smartphone, open a web browser.
- Step 2: In the search field, type https://www.xfinity.com and press enter.
- Step 3: From the Xfinity Stream web page, select My Account.
- Step 4: On the Sign in page, select Create one from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Select your phone number and click Next.
- Step 6: In the text field, type the floating characters.
- Step 7: Enter your cellphone number and click Continue; a verification code will be sent to the number entered.
- Step 8: Click Continue after entering the verification code.
- Step 9: Create an account for Xfinity Stream by entering your email address or mobile number as a user name and creating a password.
- Step 10: Use the Xfinity app on your iPhone to sign in and enter your login information.
- Step 11: Type the floating characters into the text box and then click Sign in to return to the Xfinity home page. It will now appear on the Apple TV screen connected to your iPhone.
To view the media files on your Apple TV, you must now choose a subscription plan.
Unfortunately, there is no Xfinity Comcast Stream app for Apple TV. This app is compatible with iPhone and iPad running iOS versions greater than 11.0.
However, as a workaround, you can log in on a Web Browser to authorize your Apple TV to access channels on your Xfinity Subscription.
While you won’t have to log in every time you visit the channel, your authorization may expire every two weeks and you’ll have to repeat the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an Xfinity app for Apple TV?
Unfortunately, the Xfinity Stream app is not compatible with Apple TV, and there is no other Xfinity app for Apple TV.
Does Apple TV support Xfinity Comcast?
The Xfinity Comcast streaming app is available for iPhone and iPad, but no app has been developed for Apple TV as of yet. Comcast can be easily streamed on Apple TV via Air Play.
Is there an Xfinity app for Apple TV?
Unfortunately, no Xfinity app has been developed specifically for Apple TV; however, you can use Xfinity stream on iPhone and iPad.
How does Xfinity Stream app work?
Using the Xfinity Stream App, you can watch free live channels. You can also watch Xfinity On Demand titles using the cloud-DVR feature.