Most remote controls occasionally exhibit strange behavior that necessitates a hard reset to correct. Your Xfinity remote not working?
So, in this post, we’ll show you how to restore your Xfinity remote XR2 to its factory default settings. However, if you reset the XR2, keep in mind that this remote may not work again until you reprogram it.
As a result, we recommend that you do not reset this Xfinity remote unless you know how to set it up again. Many issues may be resolved by the Reset Xfinity remote XR2 procedure.
For instance, key presses are not working. Lights that are stuck on. Keys sending incorrect commands The channel UP and DOWN buttons incorrectly change volume.
When you press the SAT key, the remote enters DVD player mode instead of SAT mode. These mishaps are not uncommon with Xfinity remotes. And they won’t go away until you reset the remote to its factory settings. Then, rewrite it from the ground up.
Get Big Discounts for Internet, Phone, Mobile, and WIFI.
Up to 50% off
Toll-Free Number 1-855-202-7237
(Xfinity, Spectrum, COX, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)
WHY IS MY XFINITY REMOTE NOT WORKING?
Simple household tech-related items can stop working for no apparent reason (or for a reason you are unfamiliar with). When your Xfinity remote isn’t working properly, there are a few things to look into.
THE TOP 7 REASONS WHY XFINITY REMOTE NOT WORKING:
1. DEAD BATTERIES
This may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how often batteries die and go unnoticed. The most common reason for Xfinity remotes not working is that the batteries, particularly alkaline AA and AAA batteries, are old.
It’s critical to check all of your remote batteries on a regular basis and replace them as needed. Most remote batteries last about a year, so it’s a good idea to replace them after that time.
2. BROKEN REMOTE BUTTONS
Due to broken buttons, Xfinity remotes have been known to break or stop working completely. If you don’t press a specific button on your remote correctly, the TV box won’t receive the signal you’re attempting to send.
This is a more common issue in older remotes or devices that have been repeatedly touched by sticky fingers. Larger buttons are more likely to have this problem.
3. TOO MANY REMOTES AND TV BOXES
If you have multiple remotes and devices in your home, one of them may be conflicting with each other and preventing your Xfinity remote from working. Too many TV boxes can also contribute to this.
Each remote is custom-programmed to work with the cable box that came with it. However, if you have multiple televisions from the same brand in your home, there may be a syncing problem. This is due to the fact that all of the remotes can be used with all of the TVs in your home.
4. SYSTEM IS EXPERIENCING A BUG
If you’ve tried all of the solutions above and your Xfinity remote still doesn’t work, there could be a bug in Comcast’s system.
This is uncommon, but it can occur when something isn’t working properly. Because these viruses are completely beyond your (the customer’s) control, the solution usually necessitates the company’s involvement.
5. VOICE CONTROL ISN’T WORKING
‘Voice Control’ is a feature unique to Xfinity voice remotes such as the XR11 and XR15. If your Xfinity remote isn’t responding to spoken commands, it’s possible that the remote’s microphone isn’t working or is blocked. You could also be speaking into the microphone incorrectly.
6. NOT AN XFINITY REMOTE
This is a self-explanatory reason, but we’ll include it for those who are unaware. It’s not an Xfinity remote if your remote isn’t working and you don’t have an X1 system. Perhaps your remotes were switched and you’re trying to use the wrong one, or you purchased a replacement from a different brand. Whatever the reason, you must locate the proper remote.
Alternative Video: Xfinity Comcast TV Remote
- Xfinity Remote Codes: Easy Complete Guide [XR11 Remote]
- 5 Best Possible Ways To Cast YouTube Kids on Roku [Complete Guide]
- How Fix YouTube Not Working On Samsung TV? [8 Easy Solutions]
HOW TO FIX THE FOLLOWING REASONS?
- Simply remove the back of your remote and replace the batteries to resolve this issue. Almost all Xfinity remote controls require two AA batteries. If you’re confident that your batteries are in good condition, it’s time to double-check the installation. Check that the batteries are properly inserted, with the + and – signs aligned. If the batteries are new and properly installed, it is possible that something else is causing the remote to malfunction.
- Usually, the buttons become stuck due to dust or something else, such as food. If you gently press the button with a pencil (or another thin, flat object) and it does not return to its normal position, your Xfinity remote is broken. Fortunately, Xfinity remotes aren’t prohibitively expensive, typically costing less than $50. If you are unable to repair a button, it is best to replace the entire remote.
- The best way to resolve this issue is to reset your Xfinity remote by removing the batteries for at least 30 seconds. Then replace them and re-pair your remote by following the on-screen instructions. Another option is to perform a factory reset.
- For three seconds, press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons simultaneously (or until the status light changes from red to green).
- 9-8-1 is pressed.
- To indicate that the remote has been reset, the LED light will blink blue three times.
- After that, re-pair your remote.
- At this point, you’ll need to contact Comcast’s customer service and request assistance. Their representatives will be able to determine and confirm whether your remote issue is the result of a system-wide problem. The culprit could be anything from a firmware update to an unknown virus.
- Remote issues are likely to be among the most common that Xfinity customers encounter, so their customer service department should be able to assist you in troubleshooting and resolving the issue.
- Using this feature to change the channel is the best way to see if the microphone is working. You have a problem if it does not work. First, ensure that you can see the remote microphone and that nothing, such as your finger, is blocking the receiver while you’re trying to say a command. Then, using a damp paper towel, clean off the speaker part. This will ensure that any leftover food is removed.
- Examine all of your remote controls to see if there is an Xfinity logo on any of them. If not, order one that is designed specifically for your Xfinity television model!
WHAT TO DO IF MY XFINITY REMOTE STILL DOESN’T WORK?
Don’t worry if your Xfinity remote is still not working after attempting all of the above solutions. The only thing left to do is contact Comcast customer service. They can assist you in further troubleshooting this issue.
Otherwise, if they are unable to find a suitable solution, Comcast will replace your remote for free as long as it is still covered by a warranty program.
HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT THE XFINITY XR5 V4/V3 REMOTES?
The Xfinity XR5 v4/v3 remotes are a step down from the XR11 or XR15. They’re excellent at sensing motion and adapting to it.
To troubleshoot unresponsive remote buttons on an Xfinity XR5 remote, follow these steps:
- Any button on the remote should be pressed.
- Replace the batteries and try again if the LED does not flash at all.
- If the LED flashes red five times on any button press, it means the batteries are very low and should be replaced.
If the buttons remain inactive, contact Comcast customer service. They will be able to help even more.
When your Xfinity remote stops working, it can be extremely inconvenient. However, with the advice provided above, you should be able to troubleshoot the problem and have your remote up and running in no time.
If you’re still having issues after trying all of these solutions, don’t hesitate to contact Comcast customer service for further assistance. Also, keep in mind that the Xfinity Remote App can be a lifesaver in these situations!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Xfinity Remote not letting me change channels?
Check for any connectivity issues with your Xfinity remote if your Xfinity remote won’t change channels. Check the remote’s compatibility with the set-top box as well. If that doesn’t work, try replacing the batteries in your Xfinity remote.
How do I change the input on my Xfinity XR2 remote?
Once you’ve confirmed that your TV input is connected to the Xfinity X1 TV Box, press the Setup button on the remote until the light turns green. Then, hold down the Xfinity button until the green light begins to flash (XR2 and XR5 owners may need to press the Xfinity button up to 5 times).
Why is my TV not responding to the remote?
Unplug the TV’s power cord from the wall outlet and wait one minute after the LED light turns off. Only reconnect the power plug after one minute. Using the remote control, turn the TV back on. If the TV does not respond, press the TV’s button/joystick to turn it on.