AMC is one of the most popular movie-watching services. It is available on a variety of platforms. However, in order to use the service, you must first activate AMC on your device.
Although getting started with AMC is nearly identical across all platforms, there are some differences that may confuse the user. As a result, we developed a guide for enabling AMC on Android TV, Roku, Android and iOS phones, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and Xbox.
WHAT IS AMC?
AMC is a streaming service where you can watch the best movies and TV shows. It has a large number of theatrically released films as well as a small amount of original programming.
You can only watch AMC content if you have a subscription to a participating TV provider. This will keep you up to date on the most recent full episodes and video extras from your favorite AMC Original Series.
However, AMC also offers a variety of other services. AMC Premiere can be accessed without the use of a television provider. As an AMC Premiere subscriber, you will have access to the current seasons of all AMC shows.
You will also have access to select shows before they air, as well as special content such as sneak peeks and bonus scenes. You must first activate your streaming device before you can use AMC.
HOW DO I ACTIVATE AMC ON MY SMART TV?
The basic procedure for activating AMC on any platform is the same: get the app, get the code, paste it, and verify it. Simple, isn’t it?
However, there are some differences in the procedure that distinguishes these platforms from one another. We have compiled a list of almost all of the major platforms on which AMC can be used.
WHICH DEVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH AMC?
AMC is compatible with many devices. These include:
- Android phones, tablets, and TV
- iOS phones and tablets
- Apple TV
- Fire Stick
- Smart TVs
You can also stream AMC on all devices running Windows 8.1 and higher.
Alternative Video: How Can I Watch AMC For Free?
- How to Fix YouTube Playback Error? See Here
- Read: Did YouTube Cancel TV Free Trial?
- How to Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Firestick? (9 Methods)
HOW TO ACTIVATE AMC ON AMAZON’S FIRE TV?
- First and foremost, you must install the AMC app on your Fire TV device. You can do so by going to the Apps tab on your home screen.
- Once inside the Apps tab, search for and install the AMC app using the search function.
- After the installation is finished, launch the AMC Fire TV app and wait for the initialization to finish.
- Select Account from the left-hand side menu as soon as the app is launched.
- After a few seconds, you should see an activation screen appear on the screen – make a note of it because you’ll need it later.
- Then, launch any browser (desktop or mobile) and navigate to amc.com/activate.
- When you reach the Activate Your Device page, enter the Activation code you obtained in step 5 and click Submit.
- Complete the log-in process by entering your AMC user credentials at the next screen. If you have access to AMC through a TV provider, you will need to sign in with your TV provider.
- Finally, once you’ve completed the signup process, return to your Roku device, as your AMC app should be already activated.
HOW TO ACTIVATE AMC ON ROKU?
- Open your Roku along with your TV and press the home button on your Roku remote to go directly to the HomePage (if you aren’t already there).
- Then, go to the Streaming Channels tab and search for AMC using the search bar.
- Access the AMC app page from the list of results, then use your remote to press the Add Channel button to begin the app installation.
- After installing the AMC app, launch it and wait for the initialization process to complete.
- Then, tap on Activate your device, which will take you to the Account tab, where you must copy the Activation code.
- Next, open a browser window on your laptop, PC, or mobile phone (Android or iOS) and navigate to the AMC activation page.
- Once inside, enter the activation code you previously obtained from the Roku app and click/tap on Submit.
- If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to sign in with your TV provider account or your AMC account.
- Return to your Roku device and begin streaming content from the AMC app once the operation is complete.
HOW TO ACTIVATE AMC ON APPLE TV?
- Launch Apple TV and navigate to the App Store from the home screen.
- Then, using the App Store’s search function, locate the AMC app and tap Get to download it locally.
- After the app has been successfully installed, launch it and navigate to the Account menu on the left.
- Next, go to the right side of the screen and write down the activation code.
- Next, with the code in hand, open any browser (desktop or mobile) and navigate to amc.com/activate.
- Once inside, enter the code you obtained in step 5 and click Submit.
- After you have verified the activation code, you will be prompted to sign up using your AMC account. If you obtained your access from a TV provider, you must also sign in using the credentials provided by your TV provider.
- Return to your Apple TV, where your AMC app should already be installed.
HOW TO ACTIVATE AMC ON ANDROID TV?
- Open your Android TV, navigate to the home screen, and then to the App tabs to access the Google Play Store.
- Once inside the Play Store, search for and download the AMC app using the search function.
- After successfully downloading the app, open it and navigate to Accounts using the menu on the left, then take note of the activation screen that just appeared on the right side of your TV screen.
- Once you’ve successfully copied the activation code, open any browser and go to amc.com/activate.
- At the first screen, enter the code you obtained from the Accounts tab of the AMC app on your Android TV and press Submit.
- After the activation code is accepted, you will be prompted to sign in with your AMC account, followed by your TV provider (if you obtained access to AMC via a cable TV provider).
- When you finish all of the activation steps on the AMC website, you should see the Android TV app refresh as you gain access to the entire library of content.
HOW TO ACTIVATE AMC ON XBOX ONE?
Last but not least is Microsoft’s all-in-one device, the Xbox. To activate AMC on Xbox, follow the steps outlined below.
- AMC can be downloaded from the Xbox App Store.
- Launch the app and go to the Accounts tab to get the Activation Code.
- Finally, navigate to amc.com/activate, enter the code, and click Submit.
You may be prompted to enter the credentials provided by your TV provider. So, do that, and you’ll be fine.
IS AMC FREE ON AMAZON PRIME?
Amazon Prime does not have AMC. AMC+ (AMC Plus), AMC’s new premium streaming bundle, is the only service available through Amazon Prime.
It includes the best AMC content and gives you access to exclusive series and a plethora of critically acclaimed films. AMC+ is a subscription service available on Amazon Prime Video Channels. That is to say, it is not free.
WHAT CAN I USE MY AMC GIFT CARD FOR?
Prepaid gift cards, such as the AMC Gift Card, are available. It functions similarly to a gift certificate that can be used to purchase concessions or tickets at AMC Theatres. It can also be used to watch on-demand movies.
CAN I WATCH AMC WITHOUT A TV PROVIDER?
You can only watch AMC content if you have a TV provider that participates. However, on several occasions, the AMC app makes select full episodes available to its users without the need for a TV login. If your TV provider is not listed by AMC, you will have to wait until the service adds them.
HOW TO WATCH AMC ON SLING TV?
AMC is one of the many channels available on Sling TV, where you can catch up on your favorite films and acclaimed original programming. Sling TV, on the other hand, is a premium service.
You must subscribe to one of Sling TV’s packages in order to watch AMC. Sling Orange ($35 per month), Sling Blue ($35 per month), and Sling Orange + Blue ($50 per month) are among them.
HOW TO WATCH AMC ON FUBOTV?
AMC is available as a channel on fuboTV. You can use it to watch a variety of acclaimed original series, hit movies, and other content. All compatible streaming devices can access the content. Despite the fact that fuboTV is a premium service, it offers a free trial to all new users.
AMC ACTIVATION CODE IS NOT WORKING?
The most common reason your AMC activation code is no longer valid is that it has expired. However, it could also stop working due to a server outage. On the device you are activating, click Get a new code to resolve this issue. This will enable you to obtain a new activation code and finish the process.
To watch AMC movies, you must have a subscription with a participating TV provider. After you’ve subscribed, the next step is to set up your streaming device.
Even if you don’t have a TV subscription, you can watch a limited number of episodes without a TV login. You can also watch AMC online by subscribing to Sling TV or fuboTV. Both services provide a free trial period to all new users.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I activate AMC on demand?
To use the app, go to AMCTheatres.com/activate, create or log in to your Stubs account, and enter the code displayed on the Roku screen. If you aren’t already a Stubs member, you can sign up for a free “Insider” account, but you must provide a valid credit card before you can use the app.
How do I find my AMC activation code?
When you need to sign in with your TV service provider information, you will be given an activation code. The code is a kind of shortcut that allows you to avoid having to type in everything with a remote control. When using Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or Samsung TV, you choose “Sign In” or attempt to watch content that requires a sign-in.
How can I use AMC app without TV provider?
You can watch AMC live without cable on one of the following streaming services: Philo, Sling TV, Fubo TV, DirecTV Stream, or Youtube TV. You can watch AMC live to catch up on popular AMC shows like The Walking Dead and The North Water.